cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app disappeared from Samsung LSP9T

Anyone else seen this issue? When I unboxed my Samsung LSP9T (very good projector btw!) I am sure NOW TV was preinstalled. In the past week it's disappeared from the menu and I can't search for it in the App Store. I tried resetting the Samsung Smart Hub but no joy. Anyone seen this happen, any fix??

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe the NOW App has been temporary removed by NOW until January, similar to the Samsung Smart Monitors (see the post by the Community Manager on this link thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/NOW-app-requesting-firmware-update/td-p/568238/page/4 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could be that. Just spent a while with technical support at Samsung checking there are no issues on my device and it all seems in order, they advised:

"Your projector's settings are all fine. You can have all UK app except for the NOW TV. That means the smart hub is working. What I can suggest is to reach out directly to NOW TV if they disable such app on your projector model to isolate this issue. I will also document this case here so we can confirm it to the app provider as well."

Would be good to hear from NOW TV if there's a known issue with this!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To get a direct response from NOW you’ll need to speak with staff via live chat.

Just make sure to click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good call - will give that a try!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to Ronith on Live Chat who advised "we do not not support your device any more" but they are hoping to support it again soon and they don't recommend projector setups due to technical limitations. This makes sense as I think I observed some weird artifacts when using it in the past. Oh well I guess I will have to get a Fire TV stick or something.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would tag the Community Manager on the link that i posted, asking him does this also apply to the Samsung LSP9T Projector where the NOW App was on the Samsung Smart Hub Platform recently and now seems to be have disappeared / removed (assuming it was there in the first place).