cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Movies not working on 2nd YouView box

I have a NOW TV movie pass which I have setup on my YouView box and iPad. It all works fine. However, I spent a lot of time at my inlaws, and wanted to access my NOW TV account while I was there. I logged in successfully, but when I went to watch a film, it said 'Subscribe' instead of 'play movie' (or whatever it normally says). It also hasn't added it as another device on my managed devices.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds to me that the 2nd YouView box didn't recognise your NowTV username with the account that your movie pass is allocated too.

Bit of a long shot, did you mistakenly use your email address instead of your username or if you have multiple nowtv usernames, perhaps you used an older inactive username where no movie pass is assigned ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Sounds to me that the 2nd YouView box didn't recognise your NowTV username with the account that your movie pass is allocated too.

Bit of a long shot, did you mistakenly use your email address instead of your username or if you have multiple nowtv usernames, perhaps you used an older inactive username where no movie pass is assigned ?

It asked for my email address and pw, which I entered correctly (I actually had to reset my pw so I know it was right) 🙂  - when I'd scroll across to check 'My account' it said I was signed in as 'XXXXXX' etc using email blah blah blah, but then if I went to play a film, it'd say 'subscribe'... really strange 😕 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The YouView box should ask for your NowTV username and password.

I might be wrong and barking up the wrong tree, but i was under the impression that you need to enter your NowTV username into the YouView box rather than entering your full email address when "signing in" ?

Its been a long time since i have logged into any of my devices and i might be talking rubbish, if that's the case just ignore this post.

Hopefully another forum member will come up with an answer and point you in the right direction.

Good Luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to this help guide linked below, you can use your registered email address to "sign in" to your nowtv account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-not-sign-in

Didn't realize until now after reading the above that you can use your registered email to sign into your device (sorry about that).

Note sure what else to suggest apart from checking for any software updates on the second YouView box or try signing out of the YouView App and undertake a reboot of the box.

Perhaps, NowTV Live Chat can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

No worries 🙂 

Yeah that's a good idea. I think it's up to date as we both have the same awful new UI they've imposed! But yeah, I'll be there later, I'll try logging out and back in again to see if that makes any difference 🙂 Thanks for your help!