Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Box & Apps

Hi,

Looking for a Smart TV box, that i can use to watch the following;

- Netflix

- Amazon Video

- Rakuten TV

Does anyoine know if the NOW TV Box (or the Stick) have these applictaions?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. The NOW TV boxes/stick have none of those apps at the moment, although Netflix is supposed to be coming later in the year. If you want all of those apps you might want to look at the Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick+ (the NOW TV boxes/sticks are cut-down versions of Rokus) as they have access to all those apps and many more.

More info on what apps the NOW TV box/stick does have can be found here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers pal.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I highly recommend the Roku Streaming Stick+ although it would be the pricier of the devices. Well worth it though.

The other item @Andy recommended, the Express, is cheaper and just as commendable.

The Stick+ is a 4k device so would be more future proofed and allows for auto refresh rate which can make a big difference to the output quality of a lot of content.

EDIT...just saw the post by @schnapps

At that price/offer I'd take the Express as a first time Roku buyer. You can always 'upgrade' in future should you need to do so.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are interested the cheapest place I can find for the Roku Streaming Stick Plus 4K device seems to be Sainsburys online at the moment for £55.

If you have never shopped at Sainsburys online you can take advantage of a further discount of £18 (this is what I did when I bought my Roku Stick Plus) Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. Ive gone with Andy's Movie + device (Kid wanted the movie anyhow so made sense).

May get a 2nd device the plus at a later point. thanks all for your (very quick) feedback.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV smart box or stick doesn't offer either Amazon or Rakuten, where Netflix is scheduled to be added by end of 2018.

If you need all these Apps then the Roku Express would be your best bet. 

Rakuten are currently doing a deal at the moment for a Roku Express with a HD movie for £25 (normal RRP for Roku Express is £30).

See link below 

https://campaigns.rakuten.tv/uk/eshop-roku-bundle-aff-uk?wktv_code=2133&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=afiliate&utm_content=homepage&utm_campaign=tradedoubler_afiliate_homepage&tduid=a4331dbf793e7bd2aeefa304378f2fe0