cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App will not launch

Our AppleTV (ATV) updated itself yesterday. 

The NOW TV app no longer launches.   It sits in start up for  a few seconds and then exits without any sort of message.    Is there an update or fix in work?

I tried using my iPad as a work around.    Display mirroring and air play do not work.  I can watch on the iPad but I can't use the iPad to send the video to our TV    (iPad ---> ATV --> big screen)   It appears that the app deliberatly disables this feature. 

Buying yet another set top box is not an option.   All of the HDMI slots on our TV are already taken up with other boxes and sticks. 

If there isn't a fix on the way, I'm going to have to cancel my subscription.    

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Working fine here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem, had to use old now TV set top box to watch the match.....try unplugging your TV and trying again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, app has been working fine but since launch of tvos12 (and 12.01)  it starts to launch (nowtv splash screen), then crashes back to my home screen.  

All of my other apps work just fine - so def looks like a nowtv app problem.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update.  

Removing, then reinstalling has now fixed the crashing.   It has (weirdly) however used an extra device slot, which isnt good.   I guess its a system but, and i’ll need to talk to customer support. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine is now working, my now screen button wouldn't respond to clicking on it, I went up to the movie choice selection just above and selected a movie, it let me in, now I can click on the now button.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem. They really need a proper update. I'm going to cancle subscription if it isn't sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv app is not connecting . I only watch on my labtop . Can someone explain how i get the app restarted.