cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App stopped working on Samsung Smart TV

Got a new Samsung Smart monitor a week ago and NOW TV app worked fine. Yesterday I tried to open it and got a message saying firmware needs updating. I have checked and have the latest software update, I have rebooted the TV, I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have done a factory reset and none have worked. Seems like an issue between NOW TV and Samsung? Any ideas, anyone else experiencing this?

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's another thread started about the same problem.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/NOW-app-requesting-firmware-update/m-p/568246#M3384 

Sorry i don't know the answer apart from contacting both NOW live chat and Samsung UK TV support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. NOW app on Samsung smart TV is seriously hit and miss. More often than not I get "Unknown page error. Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check the internet connection".

I have well over 100mbps, it is connected (e.g. smart tv and all other apps working), have rebooted TV, reinstalled app - all multiple times. Nothing works. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Bought the TV last week and the Now TV app requests a firmware update on the TV. I’ve tried everything but there is no new update and reinstalling the Now TV app doesn’t work either. Could do with some input from Now TV because this is the only app that I am having problems with.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Both Samsung and NOW are aware of it and are in the process of providing a fix from what i have read on Twitter.

This Tweet from today looks promising (have you tried this morning to click on the NOW App or update the firmware)?

Screenshot_2021-11-06-09-54-47.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps ,

Just checked for a firmware update and refreshed the app but still no joy. But it’s promising that they are actually working on it so thanks for the update. 👍🏼

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hopefully it will be sorted quickly.

Reading the tweet it sounds like it worked for somebody else (unless it's a different problem or the update is being rolled out in batches /model numbers by either Samsung or NOW).

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but if forcing an update doesn't help, i would be inclined just to temporary unplug the power to the television for a minute or two just in case it triggers an update on your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps, I’ve just been in a chat with Samsung and raised a ticket with them. They are aware of the issue and say that they are working on it and will contact me when they have a solution.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

Having seen this thread, I’ve just checked my 2015 Samsung JS9000, and the Now app works just fine on it.

Maybe this TV is too old to have the problem, though? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

It seems only certain Samsung models are affected, plus the Samsung PC/TV Monitors with the Tizen Smart OS on them from what i have read