cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App stopped working on Samsung Smart TV

Got a new Samsung Smart monitor a week ago and NOW TV app worked fine. Yesterday I tried to open it and got a message saying firmware needs updating. I have checked and have the latest software update, I have rebooted the TV, I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have done a factory reset and none have worked. Seems like an issue between NOW TV and Samsung? Any ideas, anyone else experiencing this?

18 REPLIES 18
RoyB
Legend

Cheers @schnapps 

This is a Tizen set, but I guess I’m lucky it’s not one of the certain models 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hi,

Thanks for posting about this - can we ask if you're still seeing the issue today?

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J 

I’m away at the moment so can’t check! Will check when back later this week.

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Anonymous User 

A couple of members have reported it's still happening- while it looks like it might be on Samsungs side I'm making sure our teams are aware too.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J

The App still isn’t working - is there any update on this? Samsung have told me it’s an issue with NOW TV and you’ve said you think it’s with Samsung!

Thanks,

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Simon,

Yes just checked and there is no new update for firmware for the TV, so I just reinstalled the Now app and the same problem persists.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue and NOW TV has not been able to give me a viable solution yet. It keeps telling me a firmware needs updating but I have the latest that has been installed manually from samsung website. No amount of turning it on/off and reinstalling the app has helped which was the only help I got out from NOW helpdesk...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue on my samsung monitor. The app is still showing on the store but it’s not allowing me to download it. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As ever:

Model number?

How, precisely, does it not download? E.g. error message, no response, tries but never succeeds, what?

Anything here under Samsung TVs strike a chord, maybe a firmware update needed?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-on-my-device

Maybe someone from Now could clarify if Samsung monitors are different from Samsung TVs in this wise?

Or you could ask Samsung, who are very accessible and helpful.

But normally, if the app isn’t compatible with the TV, it shouldn’t show up in the list at all. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.