cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App on Sony TV KD-43X8305C

Hi,

I have a 2016 Sony TV KD-43X8305C but I cant find the Now TV app on Google Play Store, but XD83 is shown as a supported model. Can you please advise how can I get it. FYI I am already on latest software update of Sony.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will check the Google setting.  I'm at my parents so I set them up with their own account.  Pretty sure I used yahoo. Co. UK..

Yes it's updated too. 

Thank you.. 

I will be going home to fetch my media stick if I can't get it working. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you search for the app on this are you getting the option to download to your TV?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi...

The Google account is UK... But is there a setting on the TV that I need to put to UK?

Rerun.. Updated..  Still no NOW APP... 😕

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I ask what model the TV is? 

So far I feel a bit stumped!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SONY - BRAVIA KD32W800PU 32" Smart HD Ready HDR LED TV with Google Assistant

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Very odd, according to Curry’s it should have NOW on it. 

Can you put it back to factory settings? 

Maybe something went wrong during the setup. 

Sorry I’m a bit stumped!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a mystery..  I darenot mess with TV too much.  Its my parents who are in their 80s and struggling how to use it every day.  I'm here for a few weeks recovering from surgery and thought dad and I might watch a few football matches next week

A friend is fetching my roku stick from my TV and hopefully that should work.. Otherwise I will just watch it on my tablet. 

Thanks for all your suggestions though.. Much appreciated.  Def more helpful than the online now tec peeps..  

Have a good Christmas. 🙏

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Thank you very much! 😎

If it helps the Amazon fire stick is on sale right now and that has the app on it which can also be controlled by the TV remote. 

Hope it gets sorted, could be a random bug on the TV but it appears that the system should have it!

You have a great Christmas when it comes 😁

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s a Sony Android (or more exactly now, GoogleTV) set, but with Freeview Play, rather than YouView, providing the main catchup players.

But Now claim all Sony Android TVs support Now, so if it isn’t already in the apps selection on the TV, you should be able to download it, on the TV, from the GoogleTV Playstore (or maybe it will still be called the AndroidTV Playstore) you will find as an app on the TV.

But it must be downloaded from there, nowhere else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought in the summer this year.  Version 10...  But there's def no app listed