cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App on Sony TV KD-43X8305C

Hi,

I have a 2016 Sony TV KD-43X8305C but I cant find the Now TV app on Google Play Store, but XD83 is shown as a supported model. Can you please advise how can I get it. FYI I am already on latest software update of Sony.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What Android version are you using ?

Where the native NOW App on Sony Android Smart TV's requires version Android 8 or higher.

You should be able to check the version number by following these instructions in this link below.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00115311 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This spec sheet taken from the Sony website shows when it was launched it was running Android 5.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43x8305c/specifications 

Don't know since the 2016 release of this television, if it has updated to version 8 or higher because i don't have this particular Sony model.

Maybe also check if there are any software updates on your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks a lot for your quick response, I checked the android version on my Sony KD-43X8305C model and it is unfortunately version 7.0. Which explains why its not working on it. I will now chase Sony to see when they can provide a software update for this model as when checking for software update it says that the software is up to date.

I also have a Nokia 8000 Android TV Box which is on android version 10 but even there I cant find any Now TV app on Google Playstore. Is that device supported as I cant find anything for it on Now TV website.

Regards 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately the Nokia Android box will not be officially supported, unless there is a way to side load it.

Does your Nokia box or Sony Android TV have inbuilt Google Chromecast ?

If so you might be able to cast from your mobile device to these two devices.

My Philips Android 9 Television doesn't currently support the NOW App from the Google Play Apps Store, but has the inbuilt Google Cast feature that works by casting the NOW App off my tablet / smartphone to the Philips television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't find app either.  New Sony bravia tl..version 10.  I'm a non teckie... Did you manage to find a solution?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Does the model have YouView on it?

As this will be a preinstalled app along the "Sony Select Featured" section. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You view?   It has free view...?

Prime, Netflix, roku.. Everything else but not now.. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What android version is it? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Sony

• 2016 models and later

Sony Smart TVs running Android OS 8.0 or later are supported.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask a daft question, is your Google account set up for a UK billing address? 

If not then you won’t see any of the UK apps.

Otherwise I’d make sure the software is fully up to date. Assuming your Android software is minimum version 8.