Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App not working on LG TV

" Well, that didn't go to plan...

NOW TV isn't loading. Please try again in a bit."

This is the message that I am constantly getting.

If i disconnect my ethernet and power the TV off for a few minutes, power back on , it comes to life.

Next day start NOW TV app, same message as above, yet all other apps work just fine, thank you.

Anyone got an answer for this or even a PERMANENT fix.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

There are several similar threads over the last month or 2. It seems that the only fix so far is to do a factory reset of the TV. Obviously that may mean seeing up all your apps again.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

So I guess this is an LG TV from 2014 or earlier, with the NetCast OS?

Smart TVs are built with very little software capability in reserve, and no doubt you would agree that all things internet have moved on a great deal since 2014?

So the smart apps die one by one, as either the TVs run out of puff to run the latest versions, or the makers of those latest versions decline to keep allowing for the limitations of the earlier TVs.

And the convoy steams on, no longer held back by the slowest ship, which they leave behind.

But the answer, the one that makes my 2012 Samsung TV smarter than it was in 2012, never mind just ‘as smart’, is a Stick - a Roku Stick in my case, with all the smart apps I could want, though a NowTV stick would provide many of them.

And speaking of NowTV sticks, if you get on to Live Chat and explain that your six-years old, or possibly older, TV has just been superannuated, they will like as not send you a NowTV stick, at no cost to you, that you can plug into it to keep NowTV going for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is a 2019 version so that's obviously not the issue. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Have you tried either of the 2 options.

1. Delete and reinstall the app?

2. Set your TV back to factory settings?

This option often is successful in clearing bugs in the software.

Worst case you'll need to report it as a fault with Now TV

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had this problem on a 2015 LG TV and I've just resolved it myself.

Go into the apps on your LG TV and delete the nowtv app

Go into the LG content store and search for now tv 

Download the updated now tv app again

Launch the app and you should be back in business, well it worked for me so hopefully it will for you as well 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried this- twice- and still won’t work...see enclosed picsD2268A9F-D03A-47C8-9DD4-50B3BAB699F3.jpegC186D267-1748-4C98-8B59-317054F1E101.jpegC03D598D-92AD-4A2D-B985-9FC7A9A604AC.jpeg27E5528A-6634-45B1-AF00-DD57623A5ECE.jpeg

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What happens when you choose “close”?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Says Unknown Page Error...Something's Not Right...

Check connection and try again.....which is weird, was working fine last night (binge watching MacGyver) and today, it's not happenin'. I have a webOS LG tv, and I know the other version is no longer supported, so I'm lost 😕

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When i had an LG TV I found that the Now TV app was very unreliable. 

A few times setting the TV back to factory settings often is best for squashing bugs. Have you tried setting it back to factory settings? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Apart from buffering now and again I didn’t really have trouble with the app. The stick, however, is a nightmare.

I did reset. Made the other apps (prime, Disney) even slower. After I reset, it wouldn’t even load. Just gave me the Gangs picture and a QR code...