Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App not working on LG TV

" Well, that didn't go to plan...

NOW TV isn't loading. Please try again in a bit."

This is the message that I am constantly getting.

If i disconnect my ethernet and power the TV off for a few minutes, power back on , it comes to life.

Next day start NOW TV app, same message as above, yet all other apps work just fine, thank you.

Anyone got an answer for this or even a PERMANENT fix.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

There are several similar threads over the last month or 2. It seems that the only fix so far is to do a factory reset of the TV. Obviously that may mean seeing up all your apps again.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Saint1976
Elite 3

There are several similar threads over the last month or 2. It seems that the only fix so far is to do a factory reset of the TV. Obviously that may mean seeing up all your apps again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The factory reset seems to have worked - let’s give it a few weeks of normal TV usage and channel / app changing.

one thing it did play havoc on other internal settings that we can’t seem to find or find out why it’s not working !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi what you need to do is very simple.
Just turn your LG TV of at the power source (plug).

Wait 1x minute.

Reconnect the plug/ flicking switch to on.

Turn TV on from remote control or TV button.

Try reconnect to Now TV app it should be working now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is why I think, over the long term, 'smart' teles are a load of ######, as the software on the tv manufacture's software becomes out of date, with zero updates . Better to just have a good panel with loads of hdmi ports to connect other smart hardware with software that is regularly updated eg Roku.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same, factory reset hasn't worked for me, neither has powering off, reinstalling, updating. Tried logging on the app on my phone and it won't work there either!?!? I get a different message on my phone saying there's a network problem and to check my internet, my internet is 100% working. For a paid for service, NowTv isn't very quick as sorting this problem, theres posts from as early as February this year and there's been no update/fix...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An Now TV take some responsibility for the app not working rather than use the community. My father is 85 loves F1 and hasn’t been able watch sky sports for 4 days on his TV. Can’t contact Now TV. I’m paying for a service that can’t be used. Can anybody help so he can watch his F1 this weekend. 
NowTV _ you are extremely disappointing. Your customer service is almost non existent. 
thankyou in advance to anyone that can help

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A problem I had with the app not working resulted in me resetting back to factory settings and starting again. A pain in the ...., it worked
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem it's very poor customer service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i just reset my TV. the first thing it displayed was "now tv is no longer supported from August 24"

that's not great!

a smart TV cannot be purchased based on current apps. you would expect STVs to be fluid , a little like a browser