cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App forcing Samsung TV into HDR mode.

The NOW TV App is forcing my Samsung TV into HDR mode. Noticed it a few times now, first was watching the new episode of The Equalizer and an episode of Columbo (last night), when the App hits an ad break (don't get me started on those!) it bumps into HDR mode for the commercials then the content itself.

The TV doesn't have a faux-HDR mode, but you can clearly see the boosted highlights as my display goes from it's 100 nits for SDR to maxing out the brightness (backlight) value in Filmmaker Mode™ (all other picture pre-sets get the HDR effect too).

Anyone experience this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete the cache?

You could also unplug the TV for a few minutes along with the router. 

Worst case would be to set it back to factory settings. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give those a try, but I think it's some weird glitch. Watched The Equalizer last night and it played okay.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'll give those a try, but I think it's some weird glitch. Watched The Equalizer last night and it played okay.

Hi @Anonymous User 

yeah, this is an odd one. Due to the way HDR works and TVs from virtually all manufacturers TV should only going to HDR mode when they detect HDR source material. Now doesn't provide any sort of HDR, so it shouldn't be possible for the HDR mode to be triggered. It sounds as if it could be a glitch that has appeared in the TV OS

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.