cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly sky sports pass recordable on BT box?

Hello, I have a BT tv account and have previously added a monthly sky sports pass (via the BT box rather than app/online) and was able to watch and record the sky sports channels using the epg. I have since cancelled this subscription but now want to re-subscribe, but I keep getting error messages on the bt box when I try to. I have a now tv account which is now managed via bt, but when I log in via Now tv it looks like I am able to add a sports pass (whereas the cinema and entertainment options say “manage on bt” as I have the big entertainment package on bt). My question is: if I subscribe via the now tv website as opposed to via the bt box, will the channels appear in my bt box epg, so that I can record them? Or will it just mean that I can only watch live streams through the Now tv player on the bt box (or phone/tablet)

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To take advantage of Live recordings via the EPG on your BT Youview box, you will need to subscribe the NOW Sports Membership through BT TV themselves. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if the linked guide helps if you are an existing BT TV customer and want to add an additional NOW membership to your BT TV account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help @schnapps Annoyingly I am unable to add the membership via BT. They don’t know why and are being useless. In the meantime I wondered if subscribing to Now direct would get me what I want, but if I can’t then record then I’ll have to wait for BT to get their act together. Maybe they’ll pause the test match so I don’t miss it…

thanks again