cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllNamesTaken
Advocate

Monthly Device Change Limit

I have a Chromecast which takes up one if my devices which is annoying as I have to use my phone as another device to use it.

I was working away from home this week and wanted to watch NowTV in my hotel room. So I removed my phone and enabled my Mac Laptop instead. So now I'm home again and I can't use my Chromecast now because NowTV won't let me reregister my phone as a new device as I've reached my monthly limit.
This is a bit restrictive, my phone is not a really a new device and I can't use my Chromecast without my phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AllNamesTaken

Welcome to the forum.

If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices
and click the Start Live Chat button.

For future ref. If you only ever use your phone to control the Chromecast and don't use it to watch NOW TV on the phone itself then it doesn't need to be one of your devices - you can delete it from your list and as long as you press the cast button before you choose something to cast you will be fine. It only gets registered as a device if something plays on the phone's screen itself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AllNamesTaken

Welcome to the forum.

If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices
and click the Start Live Chat button.

For future ref. If you only ever use your phone to control the Chromecast and don't use it to watch NOW TV on the phone itself then it doesn't need to be one of your devices - you can delete it from your list and as long as you press the cast button before you choose something to cast you will be fine. It only gets registered as a device if something plays on the phone's screen itself.