Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Menu screen and cant find MY TV when on Now TV

Hi 

Help please

I have Now TV running through my Samsung smart Tv having downloaded the app  and bought a sports pass via laptop.I have no  sepaate now tv or smart box or remote  

On my laptop account home screen I have a menu button plus a tab for my tv on a green ribbon .

However when I go on to Now tv on my TV I cant find the same ribbon it takes me to a home screen headed new and trending .I have had a good wander around trying to locate how I access MY TV  but am lost .

I am sure there is a simple solution but I can't work it oput .Ideas or solutions greatly appreciated .

Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I missed the bit about you only have a NowTV sports pass (assuming it's not the mobile sports pass version) , where the Continue Watching and Watchlist is mainly for the TV Shows and Movies. 

You won't see anything in the Continue Watching section when watching live sports. 

Also because the Samsung Smart TV NowTV App doesn't currently offer Sports on Demand you can't add anything to your Watchlist on the Samsung TV NowTV App. 

You can try this either click on the red option button and under search type in for example Liverpool and see if any games pop up, select a game and start watching, where it should then jump into your Continue Watching tile row section.

Or via your PC do the same thing and it should also port across to the Continue Watching tile row on your Samsung NowTV App main home screen. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The My TV appearance is slightly different on the Now website using an internet browser compared to the NowTV App on playback devices such has your Samsung Smart TV NowTV App.

All My TV consist of is "Continue Watching" and " Watchlist" where on your Samsung Smart TV NowTV App home screen page there should be two horizontal tile rows.

Edit - I am assuming you have added something to your NowTV Watchlist or started watching a TV on Demand show or movie for them to be automatically added on your Samsung TV NowTV App ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Thanks for your help .Problem is cant see  the two horizontal tile rows. or any reference to my tv or watch list on the so called home screen There is a red button option search and view which if I go search enables me to select a programme available but then I cant thereafter find a how to access. Watchlist.

I have similar limitation on recording .

Any help greatly appreciated

Gamma

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User are you logged into your account on your Samsung TV? Are you able to watch your sports pass?

If it says new and trending, there's a good chance your not logged in.

Once logged in, you should have a row of tiles on the left of the screen. Starting top left will be

Live now

Continue watching

My apps

Watchlist/My TV

Entertainment

Movies

Sport

IMG_20201101_090939.jpg

IMG_20201101_091006.jpg

Keep scrolling to the bottom and there will be a row of horizontal tiles. One of them is 'my account'. Click on that and see if you're logged in and your passes are visible.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you accessing the NowTV App on your device and have you added any TV shows or movies to your Watch list by going into the on demand section and it should offer the option to Add to My TV (add to Watch list). 

Have also started to watch anything on Demand in the NowTV App to see if it shows up under Continue Watching?

I am not at home at the moment so I couldn't take a photo of my NowTV home screen page inside the NowTV App, but I downloaded this photo off the Internet. 

Here's also some more information from a NowTV help article to have a read on. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-watchlist 

NowTV don't offer any recording functionality for live TV (unless you are a BT TV customer using their Youview box on main Youview TV Guide EPG).

Maybe upload a screen shot of your Nowtv main home screen page if it's missing the Continue Watching & Watch list tile horizontal rows? 

a6gt2evng709.jpg

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-watchlist 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I missed the bit about you only have a NowTV sports pass (assuming it's not the mobile sports pass version) , where the Continue Watching and Watchlist is mainly for the TV Shows and Movies. 

You won't see anything in the Continue Watching section when watching live sports. 

Also because the Samsung Smart TV NowTV App doesn't currently offer Sports on Demand you can't add anything to your Watchlist on the Samsung TV NowTV App. 

You can try this either click on the red option button and under search type in for example Liverpool and see if any games pop up, select a game and start watching, where it should then jump into your Continue Watching tile row section.

Or via your PC do the same thing and it should also port across to the Continue Watching tile row on your Samsung NowTV App main home screen. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User slight amendment to my last comment. I rarely use the inbuilt app on my TV and it has changed since I last used it but the premise is the same with the tiles.

Not logged in

IMG_20210203_162628.jpg

Logged in

IMG_20210203_162537.jpg