cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Menu options not working

Using NowTV on stick in smart tv and most of the menu options are not working... Home, Best of Catchup, TV Guide etc. Have checked network connection, completed a factory reset. The only thing I can get in to is My Apps but then I choose NowTV and then it takes me back the beginning. Have they pushed an update down and its broken everything? 

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think there would be a lot more complaints on here if it were a generic problem.

Can you get into Netflix on your Stick? (It should still let you browse even if you aren’t a subscriber).

Try:-

(i) Reboot your router

(ii) Reset your Stick again, taking care to hold the button down for at least 15 seconds, as a quick blip only power cycles it.

Come back if it still doesn’t work. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy

Thanks for coming back to me. Tried what you said and unfortunately did not work. I can use the NowTV app instead but the MyTv option just keeps going back to the MyApps page. You have to be really quick with the remote to make sure that when you go back in to the NowTV app that the MyTv option is not already chosen otherwise it will take you right back to the beginning again.

Not sure what has happened here to be honest. The Home option is not available at all either. 

RoyB
Legend

Can you get into Netflix on your Stick? (It should still let you browse even if you aren’t a subscriber).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB

Yes can get to Netflix all that is fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem. Ordered a new Now box thinking first one was broken but it has the exact same problem. If I click on My TV I can't get back into the Now tv app and have to do a factory reset. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering with your device. 

Can you please let us know the version of the app you are running?

You should be able to find this out by heading to My Account.

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @@Karl-F

It's v5.7.137

The problem still exists

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue, when My TV option is selected the app shuts down. Have done a factory reset etc as advised by Now TV to be told that it is a hardware issue and I need to buy the new smart stick.  Trouble is I am having the same problem on a Now box, a Now Smart box and a 3 month old Smart stick, issue started on the same day on all 3 devices so doesn’t scream hardware issue to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is exactly what is happening to me. Was told to buy a smart stick did that and still the same problem. Can not access my shows at all. Have to go via entertainment etc. It is very frustrating and feel now tv customer service does not help. Feel like I've spent £25 for nothing!