cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maximum registered devices exceeded

I have been watching on my new Samsung tv for a couple of months now, and last night I went to watch something and was told I need to sign in, so signed in went to watch and it said maximum allowed registered devices exceeded.

I know I can unregister the tv and then re register it but I would then use up one allowance change and may want to change again later.

my main gripe here is I tried last night for an hour and leaving messages on the web site and have tried again this morning from 8am it’s now 8.35 to talk to someone on live chat, only to be told over and over again that there are no agents available at the moment try again later.

hopefully someone in the now tv inner sanctum will see this and give me an answer 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Another forum member had the same issue yesterday, where because the Samsung smart TV nowtv App had an update the software in the Manage Devices in their account assumed wrongly it was a new extra device.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Samsung-TV/Updated-Samsung-NOWTV-App-is-a-new-device/m-p/466839

If it was me and you still have got an available one device change this calendar month, then i personally would remove the existing Samsung TV under Manage Devices on my account, then add the Samsung TV again on your device list by watching some nowtv content with the new nowtv App on your TV.

Should you do need for some reason a further device swap during the month of May, then contact live chat again (where i find once you do get through to them they are pretty good about device swaps if you explain the circumstances).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Shcnapps

I will probably have to go with your suggestion if no one gets back to me, I’m just a little worried that it may not be the answer, then il be in even more of a mess 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally got through to customer care 

and they gave me 2 more device changes giving me 4 in total,they couldn’t tell me why this had happened but the problem is now sorted thankfully.