cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maximum Limit to Stream on NOW TV

Does anyone that is long member know how long you can stream NOW TV on , I want to leave my chrome cast on using app to watch live films on Sky Cinema instead of on demand to see if there is cut off.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah forgot about the 4 hour auto power saving on the nowtv boxes or stick, where if you wanted to test the stick for running continually throughout the day on the live channels, then you would need to disable the fixed 4 hour power save setting in the menu Smiley Embarassed  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have read on the forum that one or two members have mentioned that they have seen some sort of time out message on screen after 8 hours of continued use (where i am guessing it's watching the same live channel).

I believe (might be wrong though) that you have to press the back or escape button to jump out of the live stream channel then go back into the channel again to continue watching the live stream to remove the message.

Never come across it myself where i have never sat in front of the TV for 8 hours watching the same live channel feed (where i am guessing nowtv have incorporated this time out message due to pirate streaming of the Sky live channels).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps
Can live content be paused using chromecast because it shows logo of it but if I press it just stops live channel.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Haven't used my Chromecast for a couple of years now for NowTV and because of the limited device limit i can not test or check.

My understanding is that only the nowtv smart box and nowtv smart stick offers the live channel pause feature.

I doubt the Chromecast offers the live pause function from the phone nowtv App and what you are seeing is a play stop button where a lot of devices uses the pause ll symbol has a stop function. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
I’m testing chromecast at moment to see if it cuts off after 8 hours so by 10.30pm should know if it does and got my NOW TV Smart Stick running aswell.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Ensure that you don't stop or swap channels on the live stream and it will be interesting to know if it is an 8 hour or some other fixed time out limit and what the message says on screen.

Suppose if you are a Cricket fan or watch a similar sport that is broadcasted for a full day then the message that pops up on screen would be annoying.

Two to three hours watching Sport or TV on one live channel would be enough for me. 

Any reason why you are testing this out or are you just curious ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
Just curious to see if go past 8 hour mark because I forgot to do it at weekend when Royal Wedding was on Sky One.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
It went past 8 hours with chromecast but Smart Stick cut off due to feature for it go off after 4 hours but tested it because when Netflix joins stick my misses watches most of box sets on there.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah forgot about the 4 hour auto power saving on the nowtv boxes or stick, where if you wanted to test the stick for running continually throughout the day on the live channels, then you would need to disable the fixed 4 hour power save setting in the menu Smiley Embarassed