cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managing Now account after taking Sky sport via BT

First post 🙂

I am looking at as the Now Sky Sports to my BT TV package.

I already have Cinema and Entertainment packages directly through NowTV.

If I use my NowTV account details on BT TV will I still be able to manage the Cinema and Entertainment packages on NowTV? 

Hope that makes sense.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Don't think so, if your wanting to add Sky sports via BT then you will need to let BT transfer your account over to BT for billing. 

Unless you create another account, which would prove more hassle than what it's worth. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User You can do whichever you prefer. Bear in mind that subscribing via NOW directly gives you more flexibility with only one month commitment at a time, along with the opportunity for better discounts on pricing. The main advantage of going directly with BT is that you can watch and record content directly through their EPG on the BT TV box.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @redchiz1 @gavs82008 

It’s about as clear as mud, but your options are here:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/what-channels-and-add-ons-you-get-with-the-different-bt-tv-pack

My interpretation (based on the details for ‘new customer’ ; please do your own similar analysis for the two ‘existing customer’ categories if you need this):-

If you go for the Big Sport package , you get Now Sports plus a bit more. Or you can get the Sport package, and then add Now Sports.

Both options let you keep Now Entertainment and Cinema direct with Now.

I am unable to determine if ‘Sport plus Now Sports’ differs from ‘Big Sport’ in any material way 😢

If you go for Entertainment, Big Entertainment or VIP, this will impact on getting Entertainment and/or Cinema direct from Now.

If you don’t have at least one of the above, then you don’t have BT TV, and so you can’t just have the Now Sports add-on without any of the above.

Anybody interpret things differently?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.