cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

O dear it looks like the bugs in Googlecast are back...

Nexus player and Some Sony android TVs were bodged to work by NowTV to work with googlecast...

It looks like more models are incompatable again... 

@Karl-F @Jason-C Its broken again your tech staff spent over 8 month bodging a fix and its broken again...

while your talking with google about nvidia android TV fixes for googlecast.

youll need add this to the list to get google to ask Sony what they broke in the users model number...

Good job the users of philips and sharp TVs don't watch NowTv... lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new Sony TV with Android (KD43X8309CBU). When I try to cast Now TV it gets as far as the loading screen for the show but the spinning icon stays spinning and an error eventually appears on my phone. Every other app I've cast from works fine. I've seen similar problems in this forum but haven't spotted any solutions. Very frustrating as I wanted to stop using chromecast and WiFi as they never worked brilliantly - the new TV is now connected directly to a Plusnet router. Help please!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Googlecast hardware is not the same as chromecast hardware...

Thats some thing Google does not tell people but should...

Android TVs uses different Googlecast hardware than chrome cast and this DOES result in apps failing LOTS of them...

Google cast in Sony TVs is different hardware than googlecast hardware in Philips TVs its also different hardware  than the Nexus player googlecast hardware and shield TV hardware...

Due to all these changes apps fail...

Googlecast on android TV for NowTV was only fixed for the Nexus player it was bodged to work with a few Sony android TVs but Not official for all HDTVs...

Its not supported on Shield TVs at all...

So having issues is normal... only nexus player is meant to be error free...   

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info! A solution would be good, are now tv able to tweak their app sometime soon...?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope takes ages...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue here - can't use nowtv because of it! Can cast everything else without an issue.

Would be great if someone at nowtv can take a look at this.

Andrew
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately only Chromecast is supported so NOW TV won't cast to your Sony TV at the momentSmiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I don't quite understand what you say. I've got a Sony TV knowing it didn't have NowTV app installed, but because it does have chromecast built into it, and every other application that supports Google Cast appears to works without issue, including youtube, spotify, BBC (although I can get that via the TV in any case).  So I'm not sure why you say it shouldn't work when Cast is built into the TV. Can you explain?  it really looks to be a deficiency with NowTV.  

thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's a shame. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yeah it 's bit of a bu**er.  Hopefully it'll soon be supported.  I was going to buy a Sony TV until I found that out.  Went for LG instead...