cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GraphiteGB
Champion

Re: Casting to Sony TV not working

Googlecast hardware is not the same as chromecast hardware...

Thats some thing Google does not tell people but should...

Android TVs uses different Googlecast hardware than chrome cast and this DOES result in apps failing LOTS of them...

Google cast in Sony TVs is different hardware than googlecast hardware in Philips TVs its also different hardware  than the Nexus player googlecast hardware and shield TV hardware...

Due to all these changes apps fail...

Googlecast on android TV for NowTV was only fixed for the Nexus player it was bodged to work with a few Sony android TVs but Not official for all HDTVs...

Its not supported on Shield TVs at all...

So having issues is normal... only nexus player is meant to be error free...   

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
RobNostic
Mentor

Thanks for the info! A solution would be good, are now tv able to tweak their app sometime soon...?
0 Thanks
GraphiteGB
Champion

Nope takes ages...

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
0 Thanks
Andrew15
Advocate

Same issue here - can't use nowtv because of it! Can cast everything else without an issue.

Would be great if someone at nowtv can take a look at this.

Andrew
0 Thanks
pethead65 Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrew15

Unfortunately only Chromecast is supported so NOW TV won't cast to your Sony TV at the momentSmiley Sad

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Andrew15
Advocate

That's a shame. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an update.
0 Thanks
pethead65 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andrew15

Yeah it 's bit of a bu**er.  Hopefully it'll soon be supported.  I was going to buy a Sony TV until I found that out.  Went for LG instead...

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
RobNostic
Mentor

Yep, I was going to get an LG for the Now TV app but got the Sony thinking that would work just as well! Great.
Well I've just cancelled Now TV, partly out of annoyance, partly because we weren't watching it much anyway since GoT finished!
0 Thanks
Altech
Mentor

Hopefully, this a silly question but are the NowTV technical bods really aware of this issue, as like the earlier correspondent stated, which is my experience too, ALL other, in my case, IOS apps, such as BBC Sports, YouTube, All 4, BBC iPlayer etc. all cast to my Sony KD-55X8509C UHD TV without a hitch, which makes me wonder why are NowTV so behind with their technology?
0 Thanks
pecbeck
Advocate

Re: Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

only way it works with sony Android googlecast is to renoot tv begore using. plugged in old chrome cast and workef except it noe says i have used all my devices! what a shambles

0 Thanks