cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amys90
Mentor

Live tv have to keep entering pin

Hi there this has just started today, we’re watching nick jr on the live tv and every time a new program comes on I’m having to enter the pin! It’s driving me insane, I’ve tried changing the pin and logging out of the now tv box then logging back in. But it’s still happening, live chat was no help either 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MrObvious
Scholar

There's been an update today for the tvOS app that should have fixed this problem (Version 7.3.1)

Open the App Store and make sure you're running the latest version.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@cybero 

Your best to report direct with staff using the methods in one of my posts. It is unlikely staff will post on the form never mind this thread.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
cybero
Mentor

this matter has been reported previously. NowTV should run a regular GREP and scrape on their forum to see what is the chat positive or negative just to keep themselves apprised of newly developing difficulties and user behaviour. what a waste of useful data. the matter is now being investigated and a suitable solution will be advised of via email. in short, when I said someone had screwed the pooch on the app coding I wasn't wrong. 

Mcbadger
Mentor

Just happened to me also, in the middle of a programme I’ve been watching for hours (Cricket ODI). I don’t even have a pin. 

Found out Sky have 2000 people working on streaming the other day. Perhaps they could spare one to do some quality control. 

Mikeh_
Scholar

Same here, watching on Apple TV box 4k and keeps asking for pin on sky sports news in the afternoon, very annoying, I’m sure now will say that everything is ok and give a response for everything apart from a fix to the problem ! 

MrObvious
Scholar

There's been an update today for the tvOS app that should have fixed this problem (Version 7.3.1)

Open the App Store and make sure you're running the latest version.

Micky23
Advocate

I'm getting this issue too. The pin thing is moronic to start with but now interrupting a channel to force me to enter it is even worse 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Micky23 

Best to report the issue to staff using one of the methods indicated earlier in the thread.

kiwibloke
Mentor

I thought it wasn't possible for Now to get any worse but as well as the 'enter your pin' I now get a big red border at the top of the screen saying I have no internet connection, clearly I have because I'm streaming tv as I receive the message.

black-lodge
Advocate

I have an issue with the pin on both LG app and iPad, it asks not only at the beginning of movies which I expect but during, usually every 20 - 30 mins, it's getting quite irritating when trying to watch any live (haven't tried on-demand) movie on Sky Cinema.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@black-lodge 

Best to report the issue to staff using one of the methods indicated earlier in the thread.