cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amys90
Mentor

Live tv have to keep entering pin

Hi there this has just started today, we’re watching nick jr on the live tv and every time a new program comes on I’m having to enter the pin! It’s driving me insane, I’ve tried changing the pin and logging out of the now tv box then logging back in. But it’s still happening, live chat was no help either 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MrObvious
Scholar

There's been an update today for the tvOS app that should have fixed this problem (Version 7.3.1)

Open the App Store and make sure you're running the latest version.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Cat2
Scholar

It started at the same time for me, so this is clearly a bug they should be sorting. Sadly cant even get the livechat to open, but have sent a email. 

will update if they are any use!

Amys90
Mentor

It’s very annoying! I hope it’s sorted soon and not something that stays forever 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cat2 

For live click below and then use the green “chat online” button as shown:

gavs82008_0-1674668323630.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Cat2
Scholar

Yes clicking the button does not work. It just reopens the same page in a new browser and does nothing more. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cat2 

Try another browser as I can get onto live chat (not that I need to contact staff right now).

kiwibloke
Mentor

Live chat is a joke, im having the same problem watching sky news, I have parent control turned off, probably just another bug, no body will get back to unless you are very lucky, whole experience with NOW is pathetic, it's possible it's the worst app ever, can't skip the start of a show, not easy to rewind, paused a show, can't even tap to go forward or back 10 sec's which every other app does, sorry rant over, and yes I would get the full sky package if I could but large trees in the way. (not my trees)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kiwibloke 

What device are you using? 

Is it a NOW branded device like the the box or stick?

kiwibloke
Mentor

No its the app on Apple TV 4th gen.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kiwibloke 

Wow it sure seems to be a wide spread issue. Personally I don't watch Live TV often so I have not encountered this on my Sony YouView TV 😄

Best to report with staff using one of the methods from one of my posts.

cybero
Mentor

since when is the weather a program that needs a parental pin, which is next to useless as it depends upon entering via an onscreen and very visible keyboard, LOL? there is clearly a real problem presently with the scripting on parental pin [maybe someone futzed up their conditionals somewhere?]. fix this or be doomed to spend the rest of eternity suspended in a pain amplifier! [please fix it] 🙂