cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live TV channels disappear

I’m having to retune/reset my Roku NowTV box daily to watch terrestrial TV. I have send messages and chats and no success? Any ideas?
15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

How long has this been happening ?

If it's only been recently, check this website below if there is any planned schedule engineering maintenance work on the TV transmitter or repeater in your area.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

Are you also using any Y splitter or sharing the incoming TV aerial with any other Freeview TV devices ?

Have you tried a full factory reset to see if that makes any difference ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks you!

It’s direct from the aerial - plus no issues when I plug the cable to my TV and use digital through that.

I have reset on the menu screen on the box and reset using the button under the box? Have I missed an option?

I re sat all the cables and set it up as a new box too.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have already tried a full blown factory reset (where you had to re enter all your details once again) then you could try a forced software update on the smart box by pressing the Home button x 5 on the RC, quickly followed by pressing the FF x 3, quickly followed by pressing RW x 2 which should open a secret screen and select update software, even if you are on the current version.

Some smart box owners have reported that a Y splitter might help, where the box sometimes latches onto a weaker TV transmitter when the aerial is connected directly into the smart box (my only concern is that you are reporting loss of all TV channels and not a reduced number of TV stations).

Hopefully, other helpful members on here will offer you some further guidance on things to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s great. Thank you. Will try this
chilli2
Elite

What app/Channel are you trying to watch?

you could try the uninstall /re install apps BBC iPlayer/Now TV/Tv player or anyother with live TV.

As Roku devices do not support input from an antenna, you must have this confused with an ethernet lead  have you checked the connection to your router, or tried using Wifi?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m not using the apps I’m trying to watch live TV - bbc 1 and 2 ITV, c4 and c5 etc
chilli2
Elite

have you tried deleting the apps/channels?

You can only watch BBC channels live through the Iplayer app ( watch from begingin/watch live) as ITV/Ch4/5 have no watch live function

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chilli2

I believe @Anonymous User is using a nowtv smart box with the inbuilt Freeview tuner and has mistakenly posted in the Roku section of the forum instead of the smart box section.

Perhaps the nowtv mods can relocate this thread to the smart box section.

NOW-TV-SMART-BOX-WITH-REMOTE-1024x536.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The box you get from NowTV does have the antenna cable slot... it’s not the one you get from the shop.

Thanks for checking though, i’m sure some people get types of cables confused. 🙄