cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Chat and Higher Team Responses

As many (including me) have posted on here, there are a large number of problems with the AppleTV app. Some reported these issues over a year ago. One of the support team here suggested Live Chat and I was wondering if my experience was fairly typical.

1st Live Chat:

- Run through a list of 'solutions' for if third party items could be causing the problems' (They weren't).

- Speak with a manager who makes same suggestions.

- Try to insist Apple might be to blame and I should call Apple.

- Finally point out the obvious from evidence that it is the NowTV app

- Advises raised with higher team who will email in 24-48 hours but he couldn't possibly give me their email address or phone number.

No follow up

2nd Live Chat:

- Endless apologies for no response.

- Raises priority.

- Assures me that someone will be in touch but not sure when

- Cuts me off.

2nd Live Chat 2:

- More apologies.

- Assures me again that someone will be in touch

- Cuts me off

2nd Live Chat 3:

- Different person on third attempt that day after twice cut off.

- More apologies.

- Says someone will be in touch.

- Ask to speak with manager.

- Manager will email me in 24 hours.

No follow up

3rd Live Chat:

- Technical team will email me when they are ready and have fixed the problems (that have been documented by others on here over a year ago).

- Ask to speak with manager.

- Manager unavailable but we promise will email within 24 hours.

In short - Trying to pass the blame to third parties, promising responses in 48 hours that don't happen, promise manager's will email in 24 hours which doesn't happen and then expects me to believe yet another promise that I will be emailed in 24 hours. Is this typical or am I just having bad luck?

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I appreciate that is what you are being told - however this conflicts with the experience of your competitors such as Netflix, YouTube and Vevo who have Apple developed apps for the 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs but have succesfully released their own apps for the 4th gen AppleTV. I would suspect that it would require NowTV to build a new app from scratch rather than update the one Apple has built, however given that you have released good apps for so many other platforms, I'm pretty sure your dev team is up to the task.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @nickmorc

Thanks for getting in touch with us we appreciate that the Now TV app on Apple TV has quite a few bugs and we have raised these to the concerned people. However the issue with updating the app on Apple TV is Apple and their 3rd party app developers are the ones who push updates out for the app and Now TV just don't have control over this unfortunately this is down to the rules of having the app on Apple TV is that they have control over it so although we can and have sent information back we don't control when this is rolled out to the app for fixes. So until Apple themselves roll the updates out at the moment there is very little Now TV can do to help resolve the bugs.

Cheers

Eddie

Sadly a very poor response from Now Tv.

If you can make an app for the Samsung Smart Tv, that mirrors the black box, I cannot understand how you cannot do the same for the Apple Tv 4th Gen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable