cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Permission Denied

@Anonymous User Don't worry. I was an ATV user a while back but gave up in preference to other devices. As a big user of NOW TV the problems with the app (to be fair there used to be a lot of problems with episodes not playing, or missing, or late uploading a couple of years back but it seems to have improved a lot since) were pretty much the reason why I gave up on the ATV in the end, which is a shame. But I hope this particular issue gets sorted soon (I'm a big Modern Family fan too!)

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Permission Denied

@Andy wrote:

....I'm a big Modern Family fan too!

Arn't we all 😉

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Live Chat and Higher Team Responses

Not sure why the NowTV team have merged this thread with my old thread? The old thread was about AppleTV issues including permission denied for Modern Family Season 7 and asking NowTV for help. The new thread was asking the community about their experiences with the NowTV support team generally and seeing if I have just been unlucky. Very different questions.

0 Thanks
nickmorc
Expert 2

Now Tv Fail

I am another one that has increasingly got fed up with Now Tv and their poor response to updating the app on the 4th Gen Apple Tv. Smiley Sad

Whilst I apprecaite they only want you to have their black boxes, this kind of attitude stinks in this modern world.

I have been a loyal supporter since Now Tv started and have had continued active accounts, I have treated Now Tv well, so its about time they got their act together and did something, by updating the app.

Therefore the mods on this forum need to send all these complaints to their bosses at Sky TV. Smiley Wink

0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now Tv Fail

Any advice @Anonymous User? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @nickmorc

Thanks for getting in touch with us we appreciate that the Now TV app on Apple TV has quite a few bugs and we have raised these to the concerned people. However the issue with updating the app on Apple TV is Apple and their 3rd party app developers are the ones who push updates out for the app and Now TV just don't have control over this unfortunately this is down to the rules of having the app on Apple TV is that they have control over it so although we can and have sent information back we don't control when this is rolled out to the app for fixes. So until Apple themselves roll the updates out at the moment there is very little Now TV can do to help resolve the bugs.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Please feel free to prove me wrong, but I believe your response is disingenuous for the following reasons:

Your response appears to refer to the 2nd and 3rd generation AppleTVs. This used a different OS and more limited hardware. These products do not include an app store and are not open to developers outside of Apple. For this older hardware Apple developed a number of apps themselves which came bundled with the OS. Certainly for these I cannot expect NowTV to fix the bugs.

However the AppleTV 4 and the included new tvOS opened up the platform to independent developers, just as iOS 2.1 introduced the app store to and third party apps for the iPhone 3G where it had not been possible for the original iPhone. Since the newer AppleTV has been released, hundreds of apps including AirBnB, Guitar Hero, Tinder and Net-A-Porter have been released without the involvement of Apple's developers.

If NowTV is simply looking to patch the old, very dated app designed for the AppleTV 2 and 3, then you are correct. You are reliant on Apple to do this. However NowTV has the opportunity to create an entirely new and significantly improved app for the AppleTV 4 without having to wait for Apple to do it for you.

@Anonymous User If you can point out to me why this is not the case I will apologise and start to pester Apple instead; however unless, for some unknown reason, Apple is not affording NowTV the same opportunity to create apps for the AppleTV 4 that is available to everyone else, then your answer appears to be misleading and indicitive of a lazy approach by NowTV.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @nickmorc

Thanks for getting in touch with us we appreciate that the Now TV app on Apple TV has quite a few bugs and we have raised these to the concerned people. However the issue with updating the app on Apple TV is Apple and their 3rd party app developers are the ones who push updates out for the app and Now TV just don't have control over this unfortunately this is down to the rules of having the app on Apple TV is that they have control over it so although we can and have sent information back we don't control when this is rolled out to the app for fixes. So until Apple themselves roll the updates out at the moment there is very little Now TV can do to help resolve the bugs.

Cheers

Eddie

Sadly a very poor response from Now Tv.

If you can make an app for the Samsung Smart Tv, that mirrors the black box, I cannot understand how you cannot do the same for the Apple Tv 4th Gen.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would not be privy to the information surrounding the deal that Apple and Now TV set up together however i do know that we don't control updates for the Apple TV app on 4th gen or any other Generation if we did then we would say we do and update it where we can. How do i know this you ask?  Well because i asked the powers that be and that is what i was told. We also cannot add another app or build another app as again we have no control over it. We work with developers on all other devices except Apple TV and Mac.  If this changes soon or in the near future then thats great we will be able to roll out updates or as you say create a new app with less or no bugs at all however in the meantime we can only do what we've been doing and thats send the information to the concerned people and hope that an update will be rolled out soon to repair the issues that customers have been experiancing.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So based on your reply @Anonymous User is correct in that your current Apple TV 4th Gen offering is provided by Apple which is simply a standlone Apple TV4 / TVos app version of the previous offerings on Apple TV 2 & 3? 

Appreciate your comments @Anonymous User, but you need to be liasing with your current iOS/iPad/iPhone development team to get them to port their app to Apple TV 4 / TVos rather than relying on the current stop gap solution via Apple.  Previous mods on this forum have asked for what we want in an app and thats it in a nutshell - port the iOS app to TVos and keep updates accross all 3 platforms.