cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Chat and Higher Team Responses

As many (including me) have posted on here, there are a large number of problems with the AppleTV app. Some reported these issues over a year ago. One of the support team here suggested Live Chat and I was wondering if my experience was fairly typical.

1st Live Chat:

- Run through a list of 'solutions' for if third party items could be causing the problems' (They weren't).

- Speak with a manager who makes same suggestions.

- Try to insist Apple might be to blame and I should call Apple.

- Finally point out the obvious from evidence that it is the NowTV app

- Advises raised with higher team who will email in 24-48 hours but he couldn't possibly give me their email address or phone number.

No follow up

2nd Live Chat:

- Endless apologies for no response.

- Raises priority.

- Assures me that someone will be in touch but not sure when

- Cuts me off.

2nd Live Chat 2:

- More apologies.

- Assures me again that someone will be in touch

- Cuts me off

2nd Live Chat 3:

- Different person on third attempt that day after twice cut off.

- More apologies.

- Says someone will be in touch.

- Ask to speak with manager.

- Manager will email me in 24 hours.

No follow up

3rd Live Chat:

- Technical team will email me when they are ready and have fixed the problems (that have been documented by others on here over a year ago).

- Ask to speak with manager.

- Manager unavailable but we promise will email within 24 hours.

In short - Trying to pass the blame to third parties, promising responses in 48 hours that don't happen, promise manager's will email in 24 hours which doesn't happen and then expects me to believe yet another promise that I will be emailed in 24 hours. Is this typical or am I just having bad luck?

42 REPLIES 42
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Apparently we need to start a new thread if we want to get any further information.... 

How odd... As far as I can see, your other topic is still open...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, This was raised to our tech teams who are working on it. These things don't happen overnight (as much as we would like them to) and depending on what's causing the issue can take some time, When it's fixed the episodes will be available all Tv shows and Movies are subject to change and availability. Although you are paying for the entertainment pass some programs will have issues which will be fixed and put back in place and some will not be available on certain devices due to rights restrictions once we know more on this issue it will be updated on the Community if the episodes don't have the permissions to play on apple tv, Or if the episodes will be available to watch once the issue is resolved then they will be updated so that customers can view them.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes @SeeMoreDigital, the other thread is still open but I haven't had much in the way of follow up. New threads seem to get new replies.

Hi @Anonymous User, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we aren't talking about overnight - @Anonymous User raised the issue on January 9th and he hasn't had a response since he was advised to reinstall the app and his reply that on an AppleTV 3rd Gen that isn't possible.

Perhaps if I seem impatient it is due to a concern I've aquired from reading through the AppleTV threads concerning bugs with the app. Many have been reported over a year ago that still have not been fixed so when you say that things don't happen over night, I am sincerely hoping that you aren't proposing that a permissions error could take over a year to resolve? Also, reading your reply there is far from certainty that this particular problem will ever be resolved ("if the episodes will be available to watch..." hardly instills confidence).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for getting back to me.

I have chased this issue up today and unfortunately still no new updates on it. The apple TV app however i will look into and find out if the issues are being worked on or not. And if its user error or developer errors that cause them. If its User arror by that i mean the settings from their ISP and their routers/modems or the devices that they are using that may not be fully up to date. Anything that gets asked on the community someone will answer them whether its us here or one of the guys that replied to you already who although do not work for Now TV work throughout the day to help our customers out when they don't have to. Even if there is no reply the issue will be flagged especially if its something that affects lots of people at the same time. And we will do our best to fix it if its something we can fix if not then we will try and offer the best resolution or alternative for it. There is loads of articles on our Help site that can help with alot of the questions asked and there is support on our live chat service also for customers to ask questions and receive help on. If i find out anything new we will update it on the community.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User please do not think that my frustration is aimed at you specifically. I appreciate that the way your support team has been structured leaves you more or less as a messenger between the technical /development teams and the customers.

As you have suggested I have tried searching through the forums, unfortunately I did not find solutions. I also took your advice of using the Live Chat service. The experience was disappointing.

There appears to be a refusal on the part of NowTV to accept responsibility for these problems. Just as you have suggested that it might be a problem with the ISP or router, your Live Chat service similarly tried to push blame onto a third party. I was asked to update the already up to date Apple TV. I was asked to check the HDMI connection between the Apple TV and the TV itself - I even tried an alternate cable. Despite being abundantly clear that the Apple TV itself was working perfectly, they insisted that I call Apple in a continued attempt to refuse responsibility for the problems we AppleTV users experience.

As I say, I know that these are the answers you are told to give us, however it is patronising to give us answers only one step removed from "have you turned it on and off again" and shows a complete lack of respect for your customers when you try and pass the blame to third parties despite clear evidence that the problems are caused by the NowTV app itself.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

In order to reduce duplication, how about merging this 'Permission Denied' topic together with @Anonymous User's existing Permission Denied Sorry the video you have requested is unavailable for this channel topic please?

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital perhaps you could advise me how to do this?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital perhaps you could advise me how to do this?

My comment was directed to the NOW TV Team Members...

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes @SeeMoreDigital, the other thread is still open but I haven't had much in the way of follow up. New threads seem to get new replies.

Hi @Anonymous User, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we aren't talking about overnight - @Anonymous User raised the issue on January 9th and he hasn't had a response since he was advised to reinstall the app and his reply that on an AppleTV 3rd Gen that isn't possible.

Perhaps if I seem impatient it is due to a concern I've aquired from reading through the AppleTV threads concerning bugs with the app. Many have been reported over a year ago that still have not been fixed so when you say that things don't happen over night, I am sincerely hoping that you aren't proposing that a permissions error could take over a year to resolve? Also, reading your reply there is far from certainty that this particular problem will ever be resolved ("if the episodes will be available to watch..." hardly instills confidence).

hi @Anonymous User  don't worry too much about how you get an answer.  Depending on how someone accesses the forum will impact what gets their attention.  On my mobile it lists by new topics, on my laptop by new posts.  It is worth "bumping" your posts by tagging a team member in each day and asking them for an update- they won't mind their bark is worse than their biteSmiley Very Happy.  I know Apple app has been to put in politely a pain in the donkey .... Hopefully won't take too long to sort. In the meantime how do you subscribe to Now?  Are you simply paying the £6.99 a month?  If so can I recommend as a minimum you get gift cards, you can get them at Argos or online at Game (assuming other than the permission issue you like the service).

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 It isn't really just the apple app. A week into using the service I emailed their customer support regarding the bugs and I received a reply detailing how to install the app (which obviously I had already done) without any reference to the bugs I was experiencing showing that they had not even bothered to read my email - since then when I have tried asking for support through Live Chat or on this forum there has been a deliberate attempt to shift responsibility towards a third party. Last night on Live Chat, the support team spent over an hour trying to make me call Apple about the bugs despite having eliminated Apple as a potential cause for the problems. So while the content itself is great, I find the delivery and support extremely frustrating.

I am subscribed to both the entertainment and movies packages and as I say, I really can't complain about the content - newest movies, some great tv shows (although have to say, slightly struggle to justify the price during the months where there isn't a new HBO series around). Out of interest, what is the advantage of the gift cards?

@Anonymous User unless its something your tech team have done, I think I've found a workaround for the permissions error. I started watching the show on my laptop for all of 5 seconds, just enough to load S07E01 of modern family and then closed it. Now I'm able to watch that episode on my AppleTV. Not an ideal solution to have to do that, but might give a clue on how your tech team can fix this for everyone.