cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Channel Judder (Roku)

Roku Streaming Stick+ 8.1.0, Now TV 4.6 (Build 733)

Ever since the recent Now TV app update on Roku I’ve experienced excessive juddering on the live channels, but only the non-Sky named ones (Gold, Syfy.etc), Sky One.etc seem to be perfectly fine.

It’s exceptionally noticeable on Gold and Syfy, to the point of being unwatchable.

So far I’ve tried:

• App reinstall / update
• Full factory reset
• Removed all post processing from TV and Receiver
• Tried “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” on Roku

Router is sat in the same room and has excellent communication with the Roku, happily plays 4K YouTube with zero issues.

No luck anywhere.

Oddly enough - catchup on NowTV of the very same programmes (for instance Dad’s Army on Gold Live vs Catchup) works perfectly, but the live channel is juddering like mad.

Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any ideas? Only having 4 out of 11 live channels is very disappointing at the moment!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Just another update for you all. 

We've pushed this same update to the other channels on the NOW TV Service which include: 

Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
NickToons
NickJr.
Cartoonito
Comedy Central
FOX
Discovery
MTV
Nat Geo Wild 

We appreciate your feedback so far, if you could continue to let us know how you're getting on it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nowswaish wrote:

Well I am not convinced by Roku. I started off with one of thier Roku Express boxes and that was appauling, everything juddery as it only outputs at 60fps; do they not realise that the whole world is not on USA standards?

The Plus stick is OK but I dislike the remote (full of short cuts to services I would not use) and find the majority of the additional channels not worth bothering with.

I will sell mine, use the LG app on the main TV and get a Now stick for the kitchen.

I wouldn't part with my Stick+, and definitely not for a NowTV stick, an item which is only a locked down stripped almost bare Roku device anyway. I guess having a fully supported device isn't for everyone.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue, I do apologise that you’ve not had much of an update while these investigations were ongoing.

I wanted to let you all know, that our teams have made some improvements to the following channels: Sky News, SYFY & Gold.

When you get a chance it would be great if you could provide us with some feedback on your experience with these channels now that these improvements have been implemented.

Many thanks,

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F

I had a quick look and the Sky News live feed and the live entertainment channels that you have mentioned in your above post seems fine (need more time to test mind).

What sort of time frame are we looking at for the remaining live entertainment channels that still have the picture stuttering i.e Fox etc ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

The Sky News app is back to its best Smiley Happy

Gold and SyFy are now also judder free. 

Thanks for the update. At least now we know there has been some work going on behind the scenes Smiley Happy

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We've pushed this same update to the other channels on the NOW TV Service which include: 

Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
NickToons
NickJr.
Cartoonito
Comedy Central
FOX
Discovery
MTV
Nat Geo Wild 

We appreciate your feedback so far, if you could continue to let us know how you're getting on it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F

Just had a quick look at the live entertainment channels on your list and they seem ok to me from first impressions 👍

Can't comment on the kids live channels due to that i don't subscribe to a kids pass.

Will test over the next couple of days when i have got time and will report back here if i notice any issues.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi All, 

Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
NickToons
NickJr.
Cartoonito
Comedy Central
FOX
Discovery
MTV
Nat Geo Wild 

Thanks, 

Karl

Same as @schnapps

Entertainment channels only here but everything back to normal. Thank you @Karl-F

nowswaish
Scholar 3

I’m still seeing slight judder on Nat Geo Wild an Discovery. No way as bad as before but still noticeable. I’ve not tried Fox yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had a quick flick through the channels and seems to be working OK my Roku Express.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having a lot of issues with Comedy Central live stream on LG Smart TV.

went through all the diagnostics with the chat support and got “timed out”.

makes me wondered why I bother paying subscription as we have had a few issues for the last month or so