cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Channel Judder (Roku)

Roku Streaming Stick+ 8.1.0, Now TV 4.6 (Build 733)

Ever since the recent Now TV app update on Roku I’ve experienced excessive juddering on the live channels, but only the non-Sky named ones (Gold, Syfy.etc), Sky One.etc seem to be perfectly fine.

It’s exceptionally noticeable on Gold and Syfy, to the point of being unwatchable.

So far I’ve tried:

• App reinstall / update
• Full factory reset
• Removed all post processing from TV and Receiver
• Tried “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” on Roku

Router is sat in the same room and has excellent communication with the Roku, happily plays 4K YouTube with zero issues.

No luck anywhere.

Oddly enough - catchup on NowTV of the very same programmes (for instance Dad’s Army on Gold Live vs Catchup) works perfectly, but the live channel is juddering like mad.

Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any ideas? Only having 4 out of 11 live channels is very disappointing at the moment!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Just another update for you all. 

We've pushed this same update to the other channels on the NOW TV Service which include: 

Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
NickToons
NickJr.
Cartoonito
Comedy Central
FOX
Discovery
MTV
Nat Geo Wild 

We appreciate your feedback so far, if you could continue to let us know how you're getting on it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got same problem with a Roku Express. Also the Sky News app is doing it too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same here Roku express and having the juddering issue, software version 8.1.0. Needs sorting.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D @Anonymous User

If anyone knows anyone else we could tag in please add to the list. So far the others that have been tagged in have apparently given up on supporting us Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m honestly surprised we haven’t had a response as of yet...

If anyone knows of any line of contact that might yield a response / fix - please let us know!

It’s been over a week now with 4 functioning channels...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky/NowTV taking the p*** out of people paying for a service they can't enjoy. I've had to reconsider my recommendation of NowTV to a few friends who had taken an interest. They are all surprised any of us would stick with a provider who clearly regard their customers as 'dirt'! (that was one of the nicer words used) Smiley Sad It's now very obvious NowTV don't care about its paying customers. Their SILENCE is DEAFENING!

They've lost this customer once my passes are up. BTs forum mods are so much more professional in comparison any time I've had cause to query something re BTTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky/NowTV bring us a new forum (more on that elsewhere) and apparently sack all their mods (at least that's what it looks like since they've all gone quiet). They were such nice people those mods Smiley Sad