cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like many I'm getting NOW tv no longer supported on this Device

Like many with an LG TV I'm getting NOW TV no longer supported on this device, ? I recognise the tv is more than 5 years old. I've paid for a 3 month Sky Sports pass but obviously can't access it now so what's the solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Netcast LG TV from 2014 or earlier?

Your TV will have been putting up notices about this for the last few weeks. 

All older devices get dropped in time, as the makers of apps decline to support any longer the lack of function, capability, security, and processing power, in older devices for the minority, at the expense of the majority with more recent devices without these limitations, limitations that would otherwise hold back what the latest versions of the app could do.

Even the NowTV white boxes are falling behind in functionality, though they are still supported.

And I’m not sure what you think NowTV could say to the owners of these old sets who want to go on watching NowTV beyond ‘buy a stick’, except maybe ‘have a look at our list of supported devices, and see if you have any of these you can watch on’.

Though NowTV have not just said ‘buy a stick’ and left you to it; they have asked those affected to contact Live Chat with particulars of their LG Netcast TVs, where they may learn something to their advantage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Stop being so dramatic.  As @SweetBlitz just said that box you've had for 3 years didnt exactly cost you much did it.

You cant compare it to a toaster whose only function is to get warm.  This could and should quite rightly be expected to last for years.

Obviously most tech nowadays has a reasonable life expectancy.  What that life expectancy is depends on the device.  To make matters more complex theres software/firmware and hardware considerations.  Software and firmware can be allowed to stagnate and hardware can fall behind that which is required for the latest functionality and in the case of the white NowTV box one has lead to the other.

Your purchase of the white box '3 years ago' was probably near the end of its life cycle as it was about to be replaced by the black box and stick - so a further 3 years beyond that is fine for something that cost you £20 at best.

As @SweetBlitz said.. just get yourself a stick... and if you speak nicely to NowTV I heard they are being quite generous to white box owners and sending them free or massively discounted sticks.... what more can you ask or expect?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We weren't aware of any upcoming changes and certainly didn't ask for a cut in service, nor did we want to buy another device. We were quite happy with what we already had (our white now box). No spare cash in these troubled times so we have been forced to cancel. It was nice while it lasted but now time to move on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having paid £14.99 for a weekly pass and then getting a message to say I am 'unable to complete purchase on this device' I do not appreciate the solution of buying a stick.  My bank is going to pay over the money...all I want is a refund for a service I haven't had! C'mon...that's reasonable enough. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have a completely different issue to the one being discussed in this thread.

You would not be given the advice to buy a Stick with your issue, as there is the strong possibility that it is account-based, and so would occur to you on a Stick as well.

You should however, take the advice to email customerservices @ nowtv.com (without the spaces) as they should be able to help you with this issue; it is, alas, outside our remit, beyond guidIng you to contact them:-

What kind of support is available here?

Our members are customers just like you so while they’ll be able to offer great advice on more common issues and help you troubleshoot any problems they won’t be able to help with any billing issues, changes to your account or service.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ive got my original nowtv box plugged in direct but im still being told this device no longer supports now tv whats going on . my real question is why all of a sudden 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this the White Box? 

If it is, the decommissioning of the box is not all of a sudden it was planned for the 6th October and you should have received email confirmation. Which you would then be able to request a free Now TV stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I didn’t get an e mail
RoyB
Legend

what else do you watch NowTV on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have definitely NOT had any emails re this. Do you know how I get this sorted? Just bought sports pass today. BTW my TV is only 18 months old. Tried web chat. Bot just taking me round on circles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Samsung frame 20 TV no nowtv app, have connected stick and old plugin nowtv gear. TV now telling me this device no longer supports nowtv but there are lots of other devices I can watch it on. Oddly enough I actually want to watch on my new TV. Suggestions!