cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lenovo Smart Display

I just bought a Lenovo Smart Display, but can't cast from my iPhone NowTV app to it.  When I originally connect it all looks fine - there's a splash screen with an advert for Oceans 8.  However, when I try to play anything it looks like it's loading (the thumbnail for the episode I'm trying to watch apppears in the background) then just times out and returns back to the home screen.  Anyone else having similar issues?

I have checked and it's showing as one of my registered deveices and I'm also able to cast BBC Sports app to the Lenovo Smart Display with no issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey everyone.

Just to clear this up,  as of right now we only support casting via Chromecast to supported iOS and Android Smartphone or Tablet.

You can find our list of supported devices right here

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2600053A-D658-45B1-B1A3-5D9BB59032AB.jpeg

EC9CB35B-8ED7-405E-8F7E-7DDFF606C4E2.jpeg

AB228E21-243D-4EF5-8650-F3568F5F938E.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I might be wrong, but I don’t think you can actually watch through casting. IIRC you can cast apps like this on to the tv, but you can’t actually watch them. 

Alternatively you might (I haven’t tried) be able to download the program/film on to your phone first and then try to cast it? Certainly worth a try if it’s an option to you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've downloaded the episode, but when I play that there's no option to cast it - only watch it on the iPhone.  iPlayer also casts fine to this device - just not NowTV.

P.S.  The Lenovo Smart Display is not a TV, it's a smart device like an Amazon Echo Show

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also I have an actual Chromecast plugged into my TV and can cast the same episode from the same iPhone to it with no issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, same issue with my Lenovo Smart Dispay 'Chromecastable' device.

I can't Chromecast from any NowTV app to the Lenovo Smart Dispay, but it does work (ie I can cast to it) from Netflix and iPlayer, so it's likely a NowTv issue.

Will update here if I find anything more out from 'support'.

NP

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I too have this problem with a Lenovo, but the cast works okay with Google home hub.

Is there any news on this being fixed, or even looked into.

Thanks
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey everyone.

Just to clear this up,  as of right now we only support casting via Chromecast to supported iOS and Android Smartphone or Tablet.

You can find our list of supported devices right here

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Is there a mechanism to request support for additional devices (Lenovo Smart Display) or additional categories of device (smart displays)?