cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-W

Latest March Software Update - Smart Stick & Now TV boxes - Unresponsive/unusable

Hi there

I've updated my smart stick and now tv boxes with the latest March 2023 update

The back button used to get me to the overlay menu (with my apps and settings etc on here) this no longer works

All devices are so slow, the homepage loads and you have to click the left/right arrow on the remotes 7 or 8 times before it changes to the next menu item.

I've tried reset too and no luck

Can anyone help?! 
Simon

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Simon-W 

I had the issue where the back button couldn't get to the hidden menu on the left hand side of the screen which included Settings.

What I found, is that if I clicked on the gear wheel icon top line of screen and went into Cookies, then accepted All Cookies, then went back to the NOW home screen and pressed the back button a couple of times, the menu on the LHS would eventually appear.

I that doesn't work try pressing the back button half way down the home screen.

I haven't got access to my NOW box to check the software version number, but I did a software update under Settings recently and the navigation speed improved (not lighting fast but not snail pace before the update).

Simon-W

Thanks @schsch 
It seems an issue on all devices as it's the same on 1 x Smart Stick, 1 x 4K nowtv box and 1 x NOWtv LG tv app too 😞 
I'll give suggestions those a go. Seems they've released a new version of the software with no testing
The software version I'm running is: 11.5.3
Build 4077
I've tried updating today and unfortunately still running really poo

Cheers!

Simon

RoyB
Legend

@Simon-W 

Now on my LG GX is version 8.2.3, with no update pending.

It seems the same as it ever was.

What version is Now on your LG TV, and what should I do to observe the changes you are complaining of?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.