cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG tv

Hi, thinking of getting 2018 LG tv and just wondering if my entertainment pass will allow me to watch live channels or just ones on catch-up? Anyone have any experience?

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all

As a LG Smart TV owner I can confirm that all features of Now TV work as expected. 

To confirm. Movies: Live and On Demand. Entertainment; Live and On Demand. Sports; Live (for now)

1080p as well as Sky Sports catch up are apparently coming before the end of the year from what I recall. These 2 are badly needed, the catch up moreso for Sports as Now TV have got a real rubbish deal to pay full price for no catch up or red-button features!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own an LG smart TV, but I believe you should be able to watch either live, catch or boxsets with your current nowtv entertainment pass.

Just make sure the LG smart TV that you decide to buy has the native nowtv app in the LG television apps store.

Hopefully a LG smart TV owner will concur with my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps, I thought that might be the case, unlike youview which was limited. On another matter whilst looking for an answer found myself on sky Italia site where all passes have an "option +" for an additional 4 euros a month offering HD,so it might be coming to the UK soon!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep 1080p is coming to the nowtv service before the end of 2018 according to press releases that I have read from Sky / NowTV.

The press announcement was pretty vague about additional costs or 5.1 surround sound support.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all

As a LG Smart TV owner I can confirm that all features of Now TV work as expected. 

To confirm. Movies: Live and On Demand. Entertainment; Live and On Demand. Sports; Live (for now)

1080p as well as Sky Sports catch up are apparently coming before the end of the year from what I recall. These 2 are badly needed, the catch up moreso for Sports as Now TV have got a real rubbish deal to pay full price for no catch up or red-button features!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help