Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gmth63
First Poster

LG tv app not working

Hi

Just updated the now tv app on my LG tv and now it just shows a static advert saying to get my pass and then a box to close this which doesnt close it.

Was working fine last night.

thanks for any advice

All now OK suddenly started working

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Champcar59
Contributor 5

Re: LG tv app not working

Mine was the exact same problem it took about 5 attempts to get the app going then about 4 attempts to sign in to app not sure who is to blame Now Tv or LG ?

DB54
Occasional Poster

Hi there -

similar here - updated NOW app, but when trying to view Sports, I am presented with a "login" screen, requiring username/email & password. There is no onscreen keyboard to use for this, but I've never had to previously login via my TV to view the content?  any solution. 
(btw, I've had very long and frustrating online chat, to no avail)

Thanks for any suggestions. (I've rebooted TV, uninstalled/reinstalled Now app, rebooted router etc etc)  

0 Thanks
Champcar59
Contributor 5

if you place cursor in email box and keep clicking Tv remote keyboard will appear. It took a few attempts for me to get it to appear.then just enter email & password and hit sign in again it took a few attempts for me.

DB54
Occasional Poster

hallelujah !!    that worked, champcar -  thanks so much 👍    

0 Thanks
Nowty
First Poster

I have exactly the same issue. All good last night. Update the app today and now it's not working. Static screen of Cumberbatch. And a close button that doesn't work!!! Wasting my passes argghh

Smiffy2
First Poster

Same here - click click click click click on close button, all around the screen - nothing!

Useless. GRRR!!

But the good news is I have earned a 'badge'  from NowTV for posting a reply.

Grahamkeay
Occasional Poster

Where’s the email box, I don’t seem to have one.

0 Thanks
Gaynor3
First Poster

I’m having the same problem, I can watch it on my iPad but not smart tv, any suggestions?

0 Thanks
GaryL
Regular 5

Push up on the remote and the pointer will disappear then press the centre wheel button.