cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG tv UK Gold pixelated

Anybody else having a problem with UK Gold on LG tv app.....all other channels play fine its just Gold that is almost 100% pixelated

• LG
12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is the TV Ethernet connected? 
Do you have boost? 

Have you tired to unplug your TV and router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just checked on the Now app on our 2020 LG GX, running over WiFi, and with Boost.

The Good Life was showing.

It pixelated for a second, but then locked on and was fine, or as fine as an SD 4:3 programme can be.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tv is just over 2 years old latest updates connected via ethernet and no boost.....like I said earlier no  other entertainment/movie channel  is affected just gold,its been like this for a few weeks now  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

I tried some other live channels, and most came straight up, but 3 had initial pixelation, even including Sky News.

So nothing unique to UK Gold.

Have you tried powering down your router, right off at the mains, waiting two minutes, and then powering it up again?

Followed by doing the same on your TV?

Worth a try to see if that fixes it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why would powering down the router make a difference every other channel plays instantly just as netflix/apple/prime do ...my internet speed is a constant 70mbs

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Humour us. Sometimes streaming services will start working properly again after a router power down.

Something I often do to keep the stream consistent. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still the same after router power down

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What about unplugging the TV?

You could try clearing the cache.

https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-fix-out-of-memory-error-on-an-lg-smart-tv-10770

Worst case you can set it back to factory settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all the options and still the same....ALL channels work perfectly tv and movies except uk goldWIN_20211114_18_04_48_Pro.jpg