cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG smart tv with NOW TV app not working ?

I am able to open the Now TV app and see the menu. However, after choosing something to watch it shows the program's name but no picture come on. It shows the little colourful dots loading and stays that way. Why?

Any ideas on what I can do? I tried logging out and in again but didn't work.

Many thanks

• LG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have started to experience the same issue just in the last week or so and so interested in whether you resolved the issue?

I see the content home screen and it plays the little advert intros, but then just shows the spinning dots.   It may just be a coincidence but the start of this show advertising seem to be coinciding with when this issue appeared? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This just happened to me tonight on my LG TV (was working fine yesterday, I'm not sure when the app last updated). I can browse on demand and live TV and select a show and enter the pin but then I get the spinning circles. The OSD info (showing the show's title, pause/ff/rev buttons, etc.) doesn't display the duration of the show, that 

data isn't picked up. 

All of the TV's other streaming apps work fine. I've a spare Now TV box, that works fine using the same network cable and connection. The TV app even updates the recently viewed page with whatever the box (or mobile, or whatever) just viewed so it's getting fresh data.

Has anyone got any ideas? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Pop onto Live chat, there could be an issue with the app on LG

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. Cancelling or renewing NOW TV Passes

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weirdly, without me doing anything it just started working again. I don't think the app updated in the background. Anyway, sorted for now.