cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG smart tv with NOW TV app not working ?

Hi. Both the tv app and my nowtv box will not let me stream on my LG tv. I’ve tried everything that has been suggested on all the threads containing the LG tv error code 2 topic. My white nowtv box plays previews on the tv, but when it comes to streaming something like ‘Billions’, it gives me an error message. I’ve tried both a wireless and a wired connection. Shall I give up?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Could be an Internet related issue, have you tried rebooting your broadband router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. Yes, I’ve tried everything that has been suggested in the threads you have connected to error messages on LG tv’s. I do not understand how I can get your previews streaming but not actual programes? Thanks for the quick reply, though.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If it was just on your LG it might point to software issue but the fact you also can't watch on your NOW TV box is unusual. What's the error message and code coming up on your box?

Probably not the case but make sure you're not connecting via a VPN, and nobody in your household has made any changes to your broadband to make it look as if you are in the UK (eg to watch Netflix US for example).

Also check your IP address on www.iplocation.net, and make sure that every one of the geolocation providers shown on screen has the address registered as in the UK. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. The error page says;

Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on it. Please come back later or go to www.NOWTV.com/help.

Error code-103
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried signing out of your NOW TV app by going to the My Account screen in the app? Then sign back in again - try on one device first to see if it makes a difference.

When you go to http://www.iplocation.net/ is it showing you as located within the UK? If not try powering down your broadband router for 15 minutes then powering back up to force a new IP address.

If neither helps, try having a word with live chat to see if they can see anything wrong at their end with your account. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section for the option)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. I’ve signed out and in but no difference I’m afraid. I’ve checked my IP address and it says I am where I am in England. I’ve just plugged the box in on another tv in the house which is a Sony and it’s not working there either. Amazon prime and Netflix are working well on the tv’s. I’ve just seen the NOWtv app is working on my iPad so I can watch Billions on there ( such a great show! ) I’ll leave it for now as I’m needing to get on with things, but thanks for trying. All the best.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I've had exactly the same problem as you and tried all the suggestions too but no luck.

I too am now watching Bullion on my computer (agreed a great series and my main reason for signing up) but disappointing not to be able to see it on our LG TV.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Is it just Billions that you have the error message on, or are you not able to watch any shows at all?

If it's just Billions it may be an issue with the content file, could you post back with which season/episodes the error happens and it can be checked out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply – it’s not just Billions but all TV shows – I can only seem to get Sky films.