cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG WebOS Now TV Stopped working Aug 2020 (5.20.03) Update

Earlier in the week the TV updated itselft to version 5.20.03, since then the NowTV Application has stopped working.

The application shows all the content in browser when you select something from Movies, Sports or Entertainment you get error "Sorry Error in Player".

The NowTV application is version 3.0.2 also recently updated (7th Aug).

Free content like movie highlights plays and the browser displays correctly and video streams SO THIS IS NOT A CONNECTIVITY ISSUE.

After reading other threads where many others are experiencing the same issue I have tried the following,

Logout/Login.

Reinstalled Application.

Reset TV to defaults (pain to enter all settings again).

Still not working, when will you fix your craplication so I can watch NowTV again?

• LG
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

NowTV are aware and have acknowledged the issue and will be working on a fix it is a shame that it is effecting so many but it won't take them long to sort.

nst
Elite

"after reading other threads" why create yet another on the subject?

plenty of people are experiencing this and its being discussed in other threads.

Perhaps the mods can merge this thread with one of the others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Their twitter account keeps saying that they have stopped support for all LG TVs and not just NetCast ones. There is a lot of confusion on the issue and no specific answers, but the fact that  the app has not worked for over a week now makes me think they really have stopped all support for LG TVs but have messed up the communication on it. 
The communication for LG tv that I have seen also suggests that the only issue is with the support stopping earlier that expected. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'm sat watching the Grand Prix on NowTV on a fully functioning LG TV. WebOs will continue to work and get support. NowTv staff who moderate the community page have also confirmed that the help staff based abroad are wrong and will be updated on the changes.

Screenshot_20200816-141830.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the info, I also got confirmation that this is indeed the case from their twitter account. Funny enough their NetCast App works fine currently. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

This may sound like silly question . . . . 

When you say you reset the tv to default settings, did you reset to initial settings?

This is the only thing that worked for me. 

Settings 

General

Reset to initial settings

Sorry, I'm not sure if there was another reset setting that I had missed. 

I have been having this exact issue for two weeks until I reset to initial settings today. Thankfully everything works properly again. 

Good Luck!