cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Tv error message please help!!

When I try to watch anything on any of the passes I get an error message 'Sorry, there was an error in the player'

This is on both the sky cinema and sky entertainment passes. I've tried logging out and in again, connecting to router again and haven't worked. 

I have an LG TV with built in now tv

• LG
12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Anything in this linked thread below with a similar issue helps ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Error-message-LG-TV/m-p/505670 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps I'd already tried those. Nothing seems to be working! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have also tried a fresh NowTV App install on your LG Smart TV ?

Also maybe try typing in the search engine box on the top of the Community page something along the lines "LG TV player error" for any matching results.

I don't own a LG Smart TV so unless anybody else on the forum has got any ideas or otherwise see if live chat can help any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our LG TV is doing the same thing. It's worked fine up to about a week or so ago. There is a clearly an issue. Does anyone know how to get NOW TV to look into it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No luck I'm afraid. I've tried everything... Spoken to live chat twice. They said they would get the technical team to email me over a week ago and nothing. 

I've cancelled my pass! 

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Hi. @Anonymous User 

If your having issues with NOW TV app why not try Netflix or Disney+ if those apps work okay then it’s issue with NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   I have an LG smart tv and Now TV  works fine on it  , no problems at all . 
So I would have thought that if it was a problem at Now TV end it would be the same problem for all LG tv users.

just a thought , has your tv got the up to date updates, if not that could be the problem .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. All other apps work on the tv (Netflix, Amazon etc)  I have removed Now TV and re-installed the app from scratch but get the same error. I have a second LG tv and the app works on this tv! Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. Now TV App on LG TV was working fine up until 3 days ago. Now getting the same error message as other folks on this thread. Will have to cancel pass I suppose. 😩