cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TVs no longer support Now TV app!

Just had message from Now TV help to say as of yesterday (12th August)  the app is no longer supported by LG TVs. No notice. And have just bought my mum a new LG tv with Now Tv broadband as well. What is going on here?  Surely they can fix this. Or will cancel my subscriptions. 

• LG
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv does not load on my LG (20018) model and or my mobile device!!! Hasn’t worked since purchasing both Movie and Entertainment passes. Seems that you are happy to take my cash... but not happy to solve. Still awaiting an email........

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User ,

To confirm - it's only LG TVs with the Netcast OS that will no longer be supported these are TVs that were made before 2014.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ask NowTv or LG?

thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  

If you have a recently bought LG and is still supported then you should get in touch with Now TV.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that LG broke it; and also that if you get in touch with NowTV you may get one of the support staff who have not yet been given clue with the two by four cluebat, and so may tell you that all support for LG TVs has been withdrawn, which is not the case (see above for confirmation from a NowTV staffer).

But it doesn’t really matter who broke it, except for the clues this might give as to how to mend it.

And NowTV and LG are both fully aware of the situation, and no doubt are working together to resolve this, for the WebOS LG TVs, as rapidly as possible.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an LG TV and it won't let me log in to the app, says there is an issue with my account even though I have been able to log in on my laptop with the same details.

Would love to be able to contact them and speak to a bloody human being.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a old thread 

I have a LG TV works fine for me no problems whatsoever and last time the TV Operating system was updated was later year and the TV is webos and it's quite old lg TV tbh I think at least it must be 7 years old so I am not sure why now tv have said this if they have ?

Also when I did go on to the now tv app for the game yesterday there was even a LG now tv offer on there that said this .

Watch NOW TV on your LG TV instantly

Simply choose the Passes you need, sign up, and start streaming.

Anyway I seen this and though I would be reply @Anonymous User @RoyB @Anonymous User @Simon-J @gavs82008 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s always worth reading the whole thread, if it is not too long, and the last three pages of the long ones, before jumping in.

Then you would see that it is only the NetCast LG TVs, from 2014 and earlier, for which NowTV has been discontinued; and the ones with WebOS, as yours is, of whatever age, still have the native NowTV app working OK.

Nice to see a posting in which NowTV is working OK for someone though 🌈

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

This is my second saying I apologise in the space of 2 mins .

I shall make sure I read the whole thread from now on and not be hasty in posting so please expect my apologies to everyone on the thread .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just received this which doesn’t explain why 

We’re dedicated to giving members the best possible viewing experience. Unfortunately, NOW will no longer be technically supported on your LG 2015 TV. This will take effect from 5 September.

Don’t worry – there are loads of other ways you can keep watching, including smart sticks, smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles and other smart TVs.