cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TVs no longer support Now TV app!

Just had message from Now TV help to say as of yesterday (12th August)  the app is no longer supported by LG TVs. No notice. And have just bought my mum a new LG tv with Now Tv broadband as well. What is going on here?  Surely they can fix this. Or will cancel my subscriptions. 

• LG
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh really? My tv said it needed an update last night and since then Nowtv won't play, and yet the preview videos are playing fine. Seems like a regular thing with the app not working, and makes me think it's not worth the subscription if I can't watch it when I want to. Nowtv are pretty useless at actually getting back to you though 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you're having problems since the TV did an update, try resetting to the initial settings. 

Settings

General

Reset to initial settings 

You will have to login to any and all apps, etc. But it was the only thing that made my tv work with Now since the updates.

I hope that helps! 

Good luck 👍🤞

RoyB
Legend

All

LG have released an update for their TVs that breaks the NowTV App on every one of their sets.

It is to them, rather than to NowTV, that you should direct your ire.

Nonetheless, NowTV is working assiduously with LG to address this issue at the current time,

LG TVs with the NetCast OS, from 2014 and earlier, lose NowTV from August 24 (if indeed they ever get it back this week). Affected owners can apply to Live Chat for a free or discounted NowTV Stick.

LG TVs with the WebOS OS, from 2015 and later, may look forward to the restoration of NowTV when the current issue is resolved.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Very odd, I have a LG which I bought in January and autoupates is set up. So far literally no issues (touch wood), will keep an eye out for updates and see if it "breaks" the Now TV app. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Does your set tell you the date of the latest update it has received?

Or can you find this on an LG resource from the current version number on the TV?

And see if it is since all the trouble has started or not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

So I can confirm that I’m on version 04.80.15

According to LGs website it’s the latest one. 

image.jpg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nst
Elite

Some LG TVs surely.

Not ALL.

Older ones are known to have lost support in August - but these models are a good few years old and this is to be expected.

Check exactly which LG TVs they are talking about.  Im sure its not you mum's "new" one.

Also I hear they are being generous and if you have an old and about to be unsupported TV they might send you a few NowTV stick if you ask nicely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The message from NowTV Help says LG TVs (ie all LG models) will not support the Now TV app not just old ones -- they didn't ask for or specify a model. Seems people on Twitter with various models are having the same problem.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User there is some confusion with or dear friends who man the live chat in a country far away which has been fed back to NowTv staff who moderate this community (see below image).

NowTv will end support for older LG TV's using the NetCast operating system on August 24th.

Newer models using WebOS will continue to receive NowTV and support for the app.

There is a current problem with the app on newer LG TV's after an update a few days ago and NowTV are aware of it.

Screenshot_20200813-115143__01.jpg