cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV

Getting message ‘sorry, there was an error in the player’ on every single channel. It’s all working fine on my phone, and every other app on my TV is working fine but this has continued for a few hours not. 

tried reinstalling app, unplugging tv, resetting Wi-Fi

has anyone else had this problem? I really want it to be fixed in the next hour before the play off final starts

33 REPLIES 33
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User while not ideal, have you tried a factory reset of your TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a notice come up on my LG TV saying this device is no longer supported after 24th Aug ... I complained and they have given me a Now Stick ... FOC ... fingers crossed it works or it will be bye bye Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes apparently LG no longer supports Now TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG is only pulling support for there older LG TVs which use Netcast anything that runs WebOS has nearly full NowTV Experience bar 50FPs Sports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
These TV cost an absolute bomb and is less than 18 months old can you stop making out on the internet that I’ve got a black and white tv please. 😂😂
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User LG most definitely does support NowTV. The TV's that are getting the message about August 24th are the older LG TV's using the now defunct NetCast operating system which will no longer get security updates.

LG TV's using WebOS will still work and continue to be supported.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok, can we stop acting like I’m making ###### up, I was told this by a Now TV advisor an hour ago.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User then he's wrong. From their own website and was confirmed by another employee here a few days back. If your LG TV has the WebOS operating system, NowTV will continue to work and be supported.

Screenshot_20200804-204027.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do I find out if it does? I’ve just confirmed that it is less than 12 months old so it should but the app stopped working today