cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV - login password and email not recognised

Hi, have 2 LG smart TVs (one 2 years old, the other one brand new) and wanted to ditch the Sky subscription and have signed up to Now as they both have the Now app.  However, I get the same error message on both when trying to log in - it keeps saying that it doesn't recognise the user name and password - I tried changing the password but it still doesn't work.  The password/email is definitely ok as I use it to login to my Now account on my PC and the Now TV player works fine on that.  I had read that there were some issues with older LG TVs but as these are newer I thought they would be OK.  Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this out?  Thanks 

• LG
4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you try logging in using your email address?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes, I'm using email address and password.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, plus changing the password but still no joy.  It works fine on my PC, just the TVs that don't work!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User some devices don't recognise special characters in the username and/or password, so if you have #%$! or similar, change your password to one without them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks, I didn't have any of those characters.  I did delete and reinstall the app and change my password again but still not working, but works fine on the PC.