cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG OS Web 65 UM7400PLB TV and Boost

I have been given an offer for NowTV Boost! 

I am a little unsure if it will work with this TV! 

I can watch Full HD and 4K film via Netflix, Amazon and Rakuten but want to experience the HD for American football when that starts next month!! 

Does anyone know if this TV will work with boost?? TIA

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Boost should be compatible with the LG Smart TV's running the Web OS operating system.

The only drawback for Sports is that LG Smart Tv's don't offer 50fps with the Boost upgrade which is important in my opinion for watching fast action sports with camera pans.

Without 50fps playback the motion is not has smooth with loss of detail on moving objects such has the ball and players.

Also i don't know if you are currently effected, but some LG Web OS owners the NowTV App is currently broken, where between LG and NowTV they are currently in the process of fixing it.

More information here about the maximum streaming quality on NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Boost should be compatible with the LG Smart TV's running the Web OS operating system.

The only drawback for Sports is that LG Smart Tv's don't offer 50fps with the Boost upgrade which is important in my opinion for watching fast action sports with camera pans.

Without 50fps playback the motion is not has smooth with loss of detail on moving objects such has the ball and players.

Also i don't know if you are currently effected, but some LG Web OS owners the NowTV App is currently broken, where between LG and NowTV they are currently in the process of fixing it.

More information here about the maximum streaming quality on NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just a thought i don't follow American Football, but i would guess the majority if not all the games will be on Sky Arena or Sky Action so 50fps is irrelevant anyway where none of these channels offer 50fps on the NowTV streaming services currently. 

Where only Sky Main Event, Sky Premier League, Sky Football, Sky Golf , Sky F1 & Sky Cricket is 50fps on supported devices with the Boost Pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Thank you! You answered the question, so basically I can watch Boost on Netflix for HD and Dolby surround but for the sports it’s pretty pointless due to the FPS rate! 

American football is sometimes on main event due to the times it’s on! They have another channel I think it’s Arena as you mentioned which doesn't support it anyway! 

I might ask for a trial see how it plays out! Thank you for your answers and advice

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Boost Pass is only applicable to NowTV Entertainment, NowTV Cinema and NowTV Sports Passes.

It will have no effect on your Netflix App, because it only relates to the three NowTV Passes above.

On your LG Web OS TV the Boost Pass would offer 1080p and 5.1 surround sound if you have a suitable surround system.

NowTV recommends 12Mbps down speeds at your playback device to experience their Boost service.

Some More information about Boost in this linked guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

If you have the option of a 7 day free Boost trial before taken up the Boost offer, then that might be the way to go to see if you can live with Sports without 50fps playback (unless you have a supported device that you can hook up to your LG TV should some of the games by on the Sky Main Event channel). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

ya apologies not sure why I mentioned Netflix as that is HD anyway with the subscription I have!

i actually meant the HD for NowTV Entertainment!

ya I’ll go with the trial to check it on sports channel to see how it plays out!

thank you once again

Blindj
Scholar

The Boost Pass is only applicable to NowTV Entertainment, NowTV Cinema and NowTV Sports Passes.

It will have no effect on your Netflix App, because it only relates to the three NowTV Passes above.

On your LG Web OS TV the Boost Pass would offer 1080p and 5.1 surround sound if you have a suitable surround system.

NowTV recommends 12Mbps down speeds at your playback device to experience their Boost serv

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Blindj Not sure why you have (not quite) copied and pasted somebody else's earlier reply here? 

Blindj
Scholar

I was searching the Internet for you and came across the same problem back in 2020

I didn't know someone had already said the same 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, OK, but wherever you found that it was exactly as previously posted on this very thread!  🙂