cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I said before, one of the main reasons for buying this blu-ray player was because I could watch Now TV on it. If this situation isn't resolved, then I think Now TV should reimburse me for the cost of the player, which I think was about £45.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might want to check the other thread- NowTv told me almost a year ago that support for the LG BD's has been discontinued.

I gave up some time ago to be honest. Not impressive support and even worse communications from NOW.

Anyway, wait for a comment from them in a minute saying it's still being investigated!!!

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, Spider - I meant to post this on this on the other LG thread, to redirect readers of that to here.

Mike

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Here's a link to your '01 Jan 2016' topic: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/Streaming-at-just-284-on-Lg-BD350-and-550/td-p/346547

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. What was particularly odd was the fact that it seemed much worse on sports. As I say - I just use the white box upstairs now. What is really notable is Now's internal miscommunication on this.

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking @Anonymous User,

I don't remember seeing any posts from any of the NOW TV Team members stating that support for accessing the NOW TV service on LG DVD/Blu-ray players had been withdrawn.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Precisely. It was in a message from them to me on 16/9/2016. Case ID: 01101097.

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem with blu-ray player So frustrating! Now tv doesnt just gives me a black screen when I press play and then if I try to watch it on the laptop their player has audio problems and creates an echo/stutter grrrr!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User is there any update on this please? Is NowTV still supported on LG devices? Is this problem any closer to being resolved? Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Andy this is currently under investigation backoffice, as soon as i get an update again i will let you guys know.