cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Unfortunately, there been an issue with the NOW TV app on LG Blu-ray/DVD players for a few weeks. Which, from what I understand, is being looked into.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for the information. Fingers crossed it will be fixed soon. It's a great app, just wish I could watch it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Spoken to Now TV Customer Service. Unable to resolve it 😕
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're all having the same issue - it seems to be a problem with LG smart devices and the NowTV platform. Nothing to do but wait for NowTV to fix it, sorry buddy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My details are:

SW version: BD24.065.60809.C
Driver version: H16SON0100

It's getting ridiculous how long this has been down for now...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got an email from Now, last September, as follows :

"Further to your original query, I have finally received confirmation regarding NOW TV on the LG blu-ray player. It will as likely come as no surprise that NOW TV is no longer supported on the LG blu-ray player."

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that further illustrates the shambles that this situation is and that of Now TV. 

If Now TV hasn't been working on the LG Bluray player since last September, then why was I able to pay money and subscribe to Now TV when they knew it wasn't working?

And secondly, why was it working so I had 8 days of service in July this year?!?

This is becoming a complete and utter farce. If it isn't already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly.

My original query related to the Nowtv bitrate on my TVs via the LG BD. At the start it was blocky but by the end it was unwatchable. They never were able to resolve it and even sent me a Nowtv box as compensation - which was appreciated but ultimately missed the point : the LG was meant to be a comprehensive smart tv solution for my bedroom and was bought on that basis. It never was and it shouldn't have been sold as Now compatible in the first place if Now and LG couldn't sort out how it should work.

I don't know if anyone from senior management at Nowtv actually reads these boards - but if they do, then alarm bells should be ringing.

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys, we have sent this to an incident team backoffice, still no updates yet, but we will keep yous posted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadine - forgive me, but I really think this one needs to be passed to someone in management, given the implications. IStill, it's your call.!!!!