cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

In 5 weeks, you've told us that:

27/7 - Issued raised to back office

2/8 - Under investigation

10/8 - Still under investigation

11/8 - Escalated to LG

24/8 - Sent to Back office

31/8 - currently under investigation backoffice

So "Back Office" were informed about this on 27/7 and 24/8. Were they on holiday the first time? 

How about someone, somewhere at Now TV actually takes this issue seriously?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's working! Got back from a weekend away, thought I'd give it a try, and it was back to normal.

Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

Funny how it was out of operation for the run of Game Of Thrones. Hmmm....

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's working! Got back from a weekend away, thought I'd give it a try, and it was back to normal.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Has LG issued a new software. If-so, what version number is it?

Has NOW TV issued a new software. If-so, what version number is it?

[Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't think there's been an update. It's still 4.5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a new LG BP350 blu ray and getting the same problems with Now TV that have been highlighted on this thread - ie can log-in, select a film but then just get black screen.

Have tired factory reset and have updated the software on the unit but problem is still there. iPlayer and Netflix work perfectly.

Is anyone else still having problems?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same problem - sometimes even says get pass when logged in like it hasnt recognised my accounts.

Got it to play once for a few mins - then nothing

Just sat there stream quality 90. Latest firmware (may2016) on device. netflix I player and network streaming all fine.

Fact that i can see selctions make selection suggests some possible back end bandwidth/routing problems between LG smart portal and Now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update to post

This is not logged anywhere as a technical issue if you search help pages - why the heck not?

Also noted if i use the skip forward keys;

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes same problem - sometimes even says get pass when logged in like it hasnt recognised my accounts.

Got it to play once for a few mins - then nothing

Just sat there stream quality 90. Latest firmware (may2016) on device. netflix I player and network streaming all fine.

Fact that i can see selctions make selection suggests some possible back end bandwidth/routing problems between LG smart portal and Now tv?

can see the selected program/movie skip forward (and this logs in the now tv accout) but you still cant play anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue with my LG BP550 Blu Ray player. All other TV streaming apps work well on the player (iPlayer, Netfix etc.), it's only the Now TV app that struggles and now plays at stream quality 90 when it used to work well. I also have an Xbox 360 and an original small black Now TV box that both work well when streaming Now TV content through the same infrastructure as the LG player. The one thing that I will say is that the app user interface on the LG player does look 'old' (it shows as version 4.5) when compared with the user interfaces of the Xbox app and the Now TV box app. Does anyone know if LG are actively supporting the Now TV app across its smart DVD/Blu Ray players and are Now TV looking at our issues as a fault?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, i have just stumbled onto this thread after looking into blu ray players with now tv built in. I don't want a multitude of devices (with their remote controls) connected to my tv and I thought the LG blu ray player was ideal as everything I want would be on it but after reading this I'm having doubts. Has the problem been resolved? I can't find any info on the internet apart from this thread about LG no longer supporting now tv on their blu ray players, is this true on ALL their blu rays? And can someone tell me why it is so hard to get a now tv app on any tv other than LG/some Samsungs? Netflix and amazon seem to do just fine with this. I have gone to great trouble to keep my home entertainment clutter to a minimum and don't want another box with another 13A plug taking up another hdmi socket. Is there any other blu ray player on the market that also has now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon and Netflix are world wide Now tv is uk based so it makes sense to stick to the 2 most popular manufacturers.  That being said I wish they’d include Panasonic.