cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG 40LF590V NOWTV app showing 1/4 of the programme, top left of picture issues.

As previously added to a post by Jay787, I have an issue on the above TV, a SMART LG tv using webOS.

Bith the TV and the NOWTV app are up-to-date, but many programmes appear as only showing the top left of the programme.

[video]

This has just been reported to NOWTV, and they are investigating the issue, but the issue doesn't happen with NETFLIX/AMAZON apps as provided by LG. They also haven't happened with any other app or kive tv from the LG app list, only with NOWTV.

I am running the following software:

NOWTV V1.3.15
LG 49FL590V    webOS TV s/w v 03.11.45   Wireless internet connection.

I am gratefulto anyone (including NOWTV) wh can suggest a resolution to this, as NOWTV is not really watchable.
LG have been contacted, and directed me to NOWTV for a solution.

Once this is resolved I will post here.

Sng

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm getting extremely frustrated with this NowTV app. When attempting to load a movie/tv show for the first time in the day (generally after work), the video only displays half of the video (top half). This leaves the top half of my tv black. I assume the trigger is when the tv is turned off and on. 

The fix to it is either:

- Going in and out of the app, resuming the video and waiting X number of minutes

Or

- After some sort of data being received which causes the display to render correctly, again after X number of minutes

It feels like a software bug/startup issue and periodically the app will receive a trigger which causes it to sort itself out.

Spec:

NowTV App: 2.0.7

LGTV: 49" webOS TV LF590V running v03.15.02

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your post has been moved into this existing topic about the same subject...

According to LG's web site the latest software for your 49LF590V television is 03.15.25 Released 11 October 2016. And the latest version of the NOW TV app is 2.17.3.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have these issues been resolved somehow? Having problems with my WebOS equipped LG TV too. Fine if watching something over 10 minutes however when my daughter watches Peppa Pig it zooms right in to the image and is unwatchable. Currently exiting out of the app and re-entering solves the issue for the current episode however it zooms in again when the next episode starts. Seems to happen intermittently on certain shows (Peppa/Paw Patrol). Movies and Entertainment are generally fine.

LG TV software and Now TV app software are up to date.

No issues with Netflix/Amazon/Google apps

Thanks,

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please confirm the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an NetCast OS based LG television, have you tried its 'Intialization of App' option?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi SeeMore, any ideas??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?

LG LF590V

What's your NOW TV 'app' version?

If you have an NetCast OS based LG television, have you tried its 'Intialization of App' option?

Is WebOS

If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?

Have tried re-installing app and factory reset

How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Have tried both (makes no difference)

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was this issue solved. I am having the same issue on this exact TV. Please help.