cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kids content on firestick app

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm finding this forum horrible to navigate or search on mobile so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I've also had to assign a non-applicable label to post so sorry about that too. 

I want to search for specific titles within the kids content rather than scroll past all the rubbish I'd rather my son didn't know was there but I cannot find how to do so. Is it possible? Seems like it should be on any streaming service! 

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

Click on the Kids option?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You have to go to the kids section to see any kids content, but can only see options to scroll through each channel - I was hoping there is a hidden search box somewhere
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User when logged into the community, look at the image below. In the top right on my Roku I can press '*' to open the search function. On the app integrated into a smart TV it's normally the red button.

Screenshot_20221025-164027.jpg

If there is one or two specific shows that you want your child to watch, add them to 'watchlist' as it will then have a shortcut added to the home screen.

redchiz1
Champion 2

There are options to view by channels, shows, catch up and what's on "live" all within the Kids section. There does not however seem to be a dedicated search button there. But if you know precisely what you want, use the generic search field from the main part of the app. I cannot see how scrolling through any extraneous material is an issue?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is a lot of rubbish on there and life is a lot easier if a child just doesn't- know about it

Please type your reply above this line -##

Get Outlook for Android<>
redchiz1
Champion 2

The whole point of the Kids section is that it is an entirely separate self-contained portal that your child can wander around safely without being exposed to any unsuitable content. Unless you find SpongeBob subversive?  😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah, that's the point of it but there is still plenty I wouldn't choose for him to see. I don't understand why that matters to you.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, even in the KIds section? Well your only other recourse is parenting.