cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crl

It is impossible to add Sports Extra Membership

This gormless, circuitous AI driven nonsensicle form-filling reply system  only offers what some person who's never used Now TV thinks you will love.

I've been trying to add Sport Extra Membership; I go around in circles:  there's an offer for Sports Extra with TNT, etc, but the stupid software screening takes you to add a membership for just the Sports Membership.

You'd think adding an extra membership (and paying these people some more money) that they'd make ordering at least possible.   It's not that it's difficult, it's impossible.   Select Sports Extra and get offered Sports.

The help community is as much a dead duck as anything else here.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to get this sorted out and all I've managed to do is get the Sports Membership in my outbox/trolley/whatever page - it's the place where you add memberships to your account.   So does this mean that Sports Extra is not available?

I'm at the stage where I'm going to cancel my membership again, (this is the third time).

• LG
7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@crl 

Are you a Republic of Ireland NOW customer where the Sports Extra Membership is only available to Ireland customers and not UK customers.

If you are based in Republic of Ireland then make sure your internet browser is directing you to the NOW Ireland website where there will be ie in the URL address and not gb for UK customers.

Also other things to try is disable any VPN's and maybe try your mobile phone if you have mobile internet data.

If you are based in the UK then you won't be able to take up the Sports Extra Membership on the NOW Ireland website.

crl
Thanks for your comments, although I don't understand all of your reply.

I'm not in Ireland, but are you saying that the Sports Extra package is only available in Ireland? If that is the case, it would be more sensible that this was made clear from the outset on Now's home page.

If it's only available in Ireland, I guess I could move there! Which is a solution almost as painful as using Now's worthless do-it-yourself no-answer online help. Which, of course, doesn't work. (I think they copied it directly from Google).

Anyway, thanks for your time - always good to let off steam.

Regards

Chris
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@crl 

Yep only NOW Republic of Ireland customers are eligible for the NOW Sports Extra Membership.

Where did you see on the NOW UK website about the NOW Sports Extra Membership where I can only find details on the NOW Republic of Ireland website and all prices are in euro's.

crl
Hmm, I didn't do anything special, just opened the Now.com page, maybe my browser has some sort of odd handshake. The price, for example, that I saw was £10 for the "extra" part of sports (which was for the TNT stuff), on top of the Now Sports Membership, which was £30. That alone tells me I was on a £ (so UK) source.

No drama - history is a great thing. I had TNT with my Discovery+ account, which I've just cancelled. (Fan of squash; which isn't important, perhaps). The "Sky" sports channels on Now are fine, and I can get by with them - but if you want to see a truly awful way to have your TV Guide in a really muddled state, Discovery+ is the place to go. It's the pits, and pretty much useless to manoeuvre through. Sky (and I'd guess Now) have it done properly, such that navigation is at least possible.

All in all, I just want to doze in front of the box, not give mysefl a heart attack trying to figure out how to use the guts of the admin behind this stuff available. Done a lot of streaming, so can live with the Netflix and Disney+ models, but won't waste any more time using broken on-screen displays.

You'll be delighted to hear Now have just awarded me another badge - like being back at school.

Thanks for your words and help.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@crl 

That’s cause this community is for the UK site of NOW only.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

Speaking to staff is universal how and done via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@crl 

This page? https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sports-extra

Says ie, and sure looks like €, not £ to me. But in case I hadn’t known the import of ie here, look at the big warning I got….

IMG_1384.png

Google’s ‘>’ in its URLs means something has been elided, in this case the crucial ‘/ie’, but if you wanted to complain, this is something you need to take up with Google, not Now 😢

OTOH, if you can find a web page that shows these details with £ instead of €, whether an ie page or not, please post the URL here so we can get it taken down or corrected.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

I idea why, but sometimes when I enter nowtv.com in my browser and proceed to login, I’m logged in to the Ireland variant of NowTV and not the UK. It’s caught me out a few times and I have only realised when I see the euro currency.