cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue on Fire TV 4k

I have a Republic of Ireland account and Now TV works on all my devices except Fire TV 4k.

When I try to access a movie or programme I get "Ooops, you don't seem to have an active membership... ". I have memberships, I am correctly logged in, the device location is RoI and all other devices work...

What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got it working. 

Thanks for suggestions. You lead me down the correct path

Delete the app, remove from my orders on the website, change my location back to RoI (again!!!) on amazon website*, remove power from the stick, power back up, reinstall the app, sign in .. WORKS!

*this was key. Somehow Amazon keeps changing my location to UK on my account, even though I have no UK addresses. I have moved this back umpteen times over the years. With the original order I had "purchased" the app as if I was in UK. I guess NOW TV app on Fire TV checks where the app came from rather than where my account is registered. Its a bit silly to be honest and the error text was not at all helpful. Maybe issue an actual error code and a knowledge base where I can look it up.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. Now at last I can watch on that TV. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, perhaps try a fresh download of the App and make sure the NOW App is downloaded from the Republic of Ireland Store and not from the UK.

Also i am assuming you are not using a VPN on the Fire TV 4K and the device was purchased in the ROI rather than the UK. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for response.

Tried a fresh download. No luck.

No VPN in use.

Bought device on amazon through my Irish account.

All other devices on the same network work fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have logged out under My Account on the App, then disconnect the power to your device (give it a minute) then power up the device and sign back into the App under My Account section.

Don't know what else to suggest is to try a factory reset or see if there is any software updates on your Fire TV that needs updating.

Also use the NOW Community search box to see if you can find similar results.

Apart from that try NOW live chat.

Use this link below (not sure if the link is for both UK & ROI customers or UK customers only).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

When you get through inform them you are a ROI NOW customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got it working. 

Thanks for suggestions. You lead me down the correct path

Delete the app, remove from my orders on the website, change my location back to RoI (again!!!) on amazon website*, remove power from the stick, power back up, reinstall the app, sign in .. WORKS!

*this was key. Somehow Amazon keeps changing my location to UK on my account, even though I have no UK addresses. I have moved this back umpteen times over the years. With the original order I had "purchased" the app as if I was in UK. I guess NOW TV app on Fire TV checks where the app came from rather than where my account is registered. Its a bit silly to be honest and the error text was not at all helpful. Maybe issue an actual error code and a knowledge base where I can look it up.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. Now at last I can watch on that TV.